Korean War UNPIK Patches - Real or Fakes ?

sfcollector

vintageproductions

Dennis- To me this one was made WAY after the Korean War, like late 60's and was made for collectors.

3 hours ago, vintageproductions said:

Dennis- To me this one was made WAY after the Korean War, like late 60's and was made for collectors.

Thanks for your input Bob.

Bob thanks for input, but could you give the forum the information on how to determine how to tell that it was made way later than Korean War,what are the differences? It apparently fooled alot of people.

Mort

I don't know how to explain this but the one shown is stiffer and the embroidery is harsher and not as soft to the touch as a War time example.Here are the backs of War time one.

img870.jpg

img465.jpg

img002.jpg

img001.jpg

I don't know how to explain this but the one shown is stiffer and the embroidery is harsher and not as soft to the touch as a War time example.Here are the backs of War time one.

Just from the photo posted the colors are brighter, as opposed to the original in which the colors are softer... this may be the effect of age but as Bill said it is harsh.

Think that Bill nailed it earlier when he said that the reproduction had "vertical corn rows". I would add that the vertical rows were not uniformly straight but had bends to them. Also noted that the tab to me was an even bigger tell in that using the other posters term HARSH look and comparing the two tabs you see a big difference. The quality of the  overall work is not as good.