Abandon Ship! A sinking M113 APC.

patches

post-34986-0-23013800-1416619215.jpg

Something went terribly wrong with this fully loaded and manned M113 of the 4th of the 12th Cav, 1st Bde 5th Div Mech. While it's already up to the TC cupola, don't think it became fully submerged do you?

It just hit very uneven ground and tilted.

They only ride a foot or so out of water when floating.

Don't know if it powered out of this or had to be pulled.

Interesting photo.. If you look really close you'll notice the photo is actually reversed.. the guy is standing on the drivers hatch and it's on the wrong side.. you can also see from the stream of water being expelled on the front corner that the bilge pump is running full blast in an "attempt" to help

Kration

Interesting photo.. If you look really close you'll notice the photo is actually reversed.. the guy is standing on the drivers hatch and it's on the wrong side.. you can also see from the stream of water being expelled on the front corner that the bilge pump is running full blast in an "attempt" to help

Kration

Right you are, good eye, missed that one :o

post-34986-0-49256100-1416765480.jpg

• 1 month later...

could have been the drain plug, engine access plate, tipping or like what happened to my track a fractured weld after I slid off a boulder in hohensfeld . cracked about 2 ft near the battery box. I think it was sent back to depot maint for re-weld