Numbered Purple Heart List

swag

Is there a way to reverse this . . . can you find out what number PH would have been awarded to a certain name? 

No, the person who owns this charges for the data. If you asked him to “look up a name” he might, but he is not going to publish a list.

Kurt 

20 minutes ago, stratasfan said:

Is there a way to reverse this . . . can you find out what number PH would have been awarded to a certain name? 

No...not without having either the person's file (if it's listed) or having the list of names associated with these numbers, which would then alleviate the need for swag's service. 🤣

5 minutes ago, KASTAUFFER said:

No, the person who owns this charges for the data. If you asked him to “look up a name” he might, but he is not going to publish a list.

Kurt 

I understand that, but wondered if it is possible to find the number when you only know the name. He was only advertising that he can find the name if you have the number. 

1 minute ago, Dave said:

No...not without having either the person's file (if it's listed) or having the list of names associated with these numbers, which would then alleviate the need for swag's service. 🤣

I have the IDPF, but no number listed. That's why I wondered! :) 

You could send him a message and ask? I'm not sure how he has the data sliced up ( Searchable by name ).

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 12:57 PM, stratasfan said:

PM me his name, I'll do a reverse look up and see if he (or she) is in my database.

Kevin

• 1 year later...

Hi Kevin,

I am another person who is having trouble with the pdf link.  I have several PHs that I have been able to research years ago.  However, I have one with number (63XXX) and named that I am trying to see if it is on your pdf list.    

• 3 months later...
On 3/19/2023 at 6:51 PM, nasa531 said:

Hi Kevin,

I am another person who is having trouble with the pdf link.  I have several PHs that I have been able to research years ago.  However, I have one with number (63XXX) and named that I am trying to see if it is on your pdf list.    

Your number is from a 1930s contract and will not be on Kevins list.  All 1930s Purple Hearts were issued engraved as well. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, what an excellent thread I have 2 numbered Purple hearts 84612 (nearest on the list is 84609) and 216795, is there any way of finding out roughly when these would have been awarded? I noticed earlier in the thread that a citation for PH numbered 75153 is 8 Nov 1942, does this mean 84612 could have been awarded not long afterwards?

Cheers,

Rick

• 2 months later...

If anyone finds info on 84654 please let me know. My PH is not named so it would be awesome to know who it may have been awarded too. The closest I could find was 84656 on the list. Thanks!