Numbered Purple Heart List

swag

I'm working on trying to figure something out here. Don't know if I will :)

A quick possibly workable solution. Open the blank pdf, Click on file in Adobe, Highlight save as other, Click on text, Save, Then open the saved text doc.

suwanneetrader

Try This

attachicon.gifPurple Hearts Numbers.pdf

Yes your link opens without one having to purchase Adobe PDF conversion. I see all the columns (36 pages) but no year or other info? Does it mean if a number is listed then one can contact the original poster and he will sell you the info regarding the # and what the Vet did to have it awarded to him ? Richard

Yes your link opens without one having to purchase Adobe PDF conversion. I see all the columns (36 pages) but no year or other info? Does it mean if a number is listed then one can contact the original poster and he will sell you the info regarding the # and what the Vet did to have it awarded to him ? Richard

From post #1

"If you find your medal number and want like to know more, I can help fill in the blanks. For a fee, you will get the name, ASN, General Order number and date, unit of the award recipient, and a copy of the General Order entry for your soldier." Fee $50

Feel free to message or email me ([email protected]) with any questions.

I'm working on an updated list. It's been a long, arduous process but I'm going through and double checking all medal numbers, ASNs, etc. A new pdf (hopefully one that will easily open) will be posted once I complete it.

Kevin

• 1 year later...

I have one in the 101K range...I noticed there are none listed in the 100K range....Does this mean these haven't been researched yet?....Bodes

Probably either because the records haven't been found, or, most likely, it was never recorded anywhere.

Dave hit the nail on the head. I personally have only read through approximately 454 General Orders, but there are still more out there to go through.

Kevin

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
WW2HistoryHunter

I am searching for information on numbered purple heart #354543. It is accompanied by numbered soldier's medal #2541.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How hard is it going to be to find information on these 2 purple hearts?

Thanks Steve

Those numbers are from pre- WWII Purple Hearts. The medals will be engraved. They are always engraved below 70,000 .

The numbers are not traceable.

You can however order the award cards through the NARA via researcher. There are a number of researchers on this forum who will do it for a fee.

The names on a WWI PH can usually be pinpointed to a unit through Ancestry.com.

Kurt

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Big update to the Purple Heart number list. The list of numbers, both Purple Heart and Silver Star, has jumped to around 14,000. This information was culled from over 700 General Orders over the course of six years and many, many man hours of data entry. If you have a matching number, for $60 I'll provide you with the name, Army service number (ASN), Rank, General Order and issuing authority, medal number, and (if available) unit of the recipient. Browse through it to see if your Purple Heart number is listed.

This information will increase the value of your medal significantly. An unnamed yet numbered medal has value, but that same medal with a name has far more value. And the information from the General Order is a good spring board for further research of that individual (such as obtaining their service record from St. Louis). Who knows, maybe your medal was awarded to a member of the FSSF, a Colonel, or a French officer. Your medal is worth significantly more with the right information.

Feel free to message or email me ([email protected])

The list is a large file so I have broken it down into three manageable files. Attached is the first part.

Kevin

PH Numbers for Posting vol 1.pdf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I would like to say that information is still being provided.  I just used his service and with an easy Paypal payment, he had all of the information within a very short period of time.  It has led me to the general orders and other information about the soldier that received the Purple Heart that I have in question.