Chaplain Abraham Simon, WWII Rabbi PTO

Chap15

I recent find.

Chaplain Abraham Simon. WWII Chaplain who served in Burma. He stayed in till the fifties and got out as a Major, but he didn't do much after the war.

Notice the prayer book with his name on it.

post-1429-0-34486600-1416027640.jpg

Jennings Lane

That's a great grouping and probably one of the hardest to find. I can't imagine that there were more than two or three hundred Jewish Chaplains in WW2. So, if anyone collects by arm of service, you can't have one much tougher to find than this one.

There was a Rabbi from Louisville that served in the Pacific. His name was Rabbi Martin Perley. I met him once or twice. The Filson Club in Louisville has his wartime papers.

Great grouping. I have learned that Chaplain's medals, uniforms etc. are some of the most difficult items to find. Thank you for posting.

Dick

• 5 years later...
aerialbridge

Very unusual, thanks for resuscitating this thread. Never saw Moses's 10 commandment tablets as a WWII collar device, those have to be pretty scarce. I wonder if they're maker marked.

• 2 years later...

Dear Sir,

I do not know how to say this but-

Those are my grandfather's. I held that bronze star when I was 10 years old. Is there any way I can contact you?

Thank you,

Oren Ritterband 

• 6 months later...

A very rare group.

The Bronze Star could be for humanitarian service.

After some research on a small grouping I have i found that my guy received the BS for work he did with displaced persons in Germany during and after the war.