Camo helmets

dustin

I was quite certain I seen this style posted before on this forum. Note the heavy texture and probably black splotches on possibly tan base?. The guy kneeling with carbine I'm certain he was posing for the future collecting community..ha! I'm guessing the white outline is chalk for pattern.

Also what I find interesting is the tactical markings on the HBT, seen this in a few other photos from the 27th.

post-56-0-19544200-1415991551.jpg

post-56-0-81071800-1415991928.jpg

• 2 months later...

Great period photo's! If one of these helmet showed up here on the forum, there'd be a great debate stating that they never did it like this. :)

Here's a post http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=116371

of a helmet in Ed Hick's collection. The camo was used by a correspondent in the MTO but the painting style seems similar to those used by the 27th ID in the Pacific. Specifically, both seem to have material added to increase the texture of the finish. It would be cool if some color photos or newsreel footage turned up.

Great period photo's! If one of these helmet showed up here on the forum, there'd be a great debate stating that they never did it like this. :)

Lol you hit the nail on the head. Exactly what I was thinking

Raidercollector

Im not sure if mine is one like your referring to. I have a Photo below to show you. Its a swivel Bail.I do not know if it is 27th or Marine?. But it is real.

Nick

post-421-0-11262500-1423453398.jpg

Raidercollector

Thanks Mike. I love that helmet had it a long time,First time for showing it here on the forum. I still don't know it its Army or Marine.

Nick

Someday, someone will find one in a barn somewhere in Normandy. haha