Epic Span Am Sweetheart Frame w/ EGA's!

Brig

This sold awhile back on eBay for $2000. It was relisted several times, was hoping the price would come down but finally it had a hit. Has 3 enlisted spiked helmet devices, some cover emblems and buttons, all strung on wire in a heart shape with space for 3 photos. Were all silver washed at one time. This was creative and probably cost the Marine a few bucks for all those helmet emblems...

$_57.JPG

Certainly unique! In the first pic it looks like a frame that could hold two cabinet photos. Maybe? Thanks for posting. Semper Fi......Bob

Certainly unique! In the first pic it looks like a frame that could hold two cabinet photos. Maybe? Thanks for posting. Semper Fi......Bob

Look fairly larger than the typical 5x7 cabinet card

Brig,

I looked long and hard at this and like you I finally determined that it was overpriced for the shape it was in. I originally thought the emblems might be officer emblems based on the silver color of the globes and what appeared to be gilding on the continents but because the backs were also silver I decided that had been painted at some point. Would be interesting to hear from the buyer if they turned out to be officer emblems.