Canteen cup i'd

denfly

post-126332-0-61040400-1415914243.jpgI came across a canteen cup and canteen with manufacturers that appear rare. One say's E A Co. 1945 (cup) and the other has RSE (canteen) 1945. I believe Iv'e seen the E.A. but the RSE get's me. I also have a cup with R M 1945 on it and was wondering how rare are these.

Browninggunner688

Out of 70 cups in my collection E.A.Co is the least I have, I have two 1943 and two 1944 dated they are aluminium rolled lip examples, I dont have the manufacturer's name on my list of makers, maybe someone on the forum knows ?

R.S.E. I have one out of 92 canteens, its a M-1942 dated 1945 with the 3rd type plastic cap the maker is Republic Stamping and Enameling Co. This company also made the enamelled canteens.

They could be scarcer than the other manufacturers but I could be wrong, would be interesting to find out.

Hope this helps.

Nick.

Browninggunner688

Forgot to add on the last post, I have not seen the R.M. manufacturer nor do I have it on my list of manufacturers.

Nick.

Just finished going through ebay and noticed 3 different sellers selling E A Co. 1945 canteen cups. I landed the one with with the RSE canteen.

Well was able to track down the RM cup and noticed it was made only in 1945. The EA cups were made from 1943-45 and iv'e been noticing these lately on ebay. As for the Atlantic canteen cover, these were made between 1941-42. Remarkable site on my other forum regarding canteen cases by a reader helped explain it all. Thanks again.

Hi,

according to an old list of WWII manufacturers of canteens and cups, E.A.Co. would stand for Enterprise Aluminum Company, Massilon, Ohio. By the way there was another Massilon manufacturer which is Massilon Aluminum Company (M.A.Co.).

Hope this can help

Fausto

• 1 month later...

I searched another website on cups and there is no mention of Enterprise. E.A. stood for Eastern Aluminum Co. M.A. was Masillon Aluminum Co. K.M. was Knapp-Monarch Co.

• 6 years later...
Browninggunner688

Hi.

The information I have for canteens and canteen cup manufacturers says........

BECO........ Bellaire Enameling Co.

I'm sure there's a list on this forum regarding manufacturers of canteens and cups, I seem to remember adding to it a few years ago.

Hope this helps.

Nick.