New Patches I Need Help With

automatic

First off is the small bullion patch (My first one!). Would like to know more about it, any info would be helpful!

post-153851-0-61628000-1415910625.jpg

Next up is what I believe to be a SAC patch. It has a tail and merrowed edge. Wondering about time period and what this would have been worn on/where. Also what did master crew chiefs do?

post-153851-0-81180300-1415910780.jpg

Now we have this bat patch. I could have sworn I saw this somewhere on the forums within the past week, but can't find the thread for the life of me. The closest thing I could find to this was the bacardi symbol, really hoping its not that lol

post-153851-0-60139500-1415910911.jpg

Here is a really small navy patch of some kind, wondering what it's for

post-153851-0-55407300-1415910997.jpg

I'm thinking these are just athletic/school related but you never know

post-153851-0-52880400-1415911057.jpgpost-153851-0-62954300-1415911058.jpg

Here are two really small rank patches, probably novelty/kids but you never know unless you ask

post-153851-0-31027800-1415911220.jpg

No idea what this is, probably not mil related but was worth the dollar

post-153851-0-99972300-1415911220.jpg

Small and beat up 1st army patch, smaller than usual anyway

post-153851-0-51552600-1415911221.jpg

three patches of about the same size, appear old, I'm thinking the kind you got at the px to put on clothing, but I have no idea

post-153851-0-98433500-1415911221.jpgpost-153851-0-49302900-1415911379.jpg

respectingthesacrifice

I think your 3rd Army is a manufacturer erroras lacks some blue thead, nice one to collect.

about the 3 round ones, you are right, they were sold in px, nice ones.

To come back on Saint Cast le Guildo, it is close to Saint Malo town. If I remember well it was liberated in 1944 by the 83rd US infantry division

Eric

Thanks everyone, still hoping for more insight, particularly on bat patch, bullion rate and the SAC patch, but still happy with info so far!

Johnny Signor

I think (not 100%sure) the Bat patch is a Navy VQ unit type , I have seen it ID'd somewhere but am sorry I don't recall where , lot of help I know , sorry .......

Yeah I could have sworn I saw it somewhere on the forum pretty recently. Oh well. After comparing they are almost identical, this patch and the bacardi bat. You win some, you lose some. These were all a dollar, so I don't really mind! Still want help on the SAC and bullion Navy/Coast guard patches...

Johnny Signor

As to the S.A.C. patch , there's a site online I think SAC Patches or something of the like that has a guy that should be able to narrow it down for you, porbably B-52 or F-111 related and I'd venture late 70's into early 80's as to era .

Woah thanks for replies all! I'm leaving the bat alone, too many options...

Chevrons are 1948 style us army

These are pretty small, no more the 3 inches wide

As to the S.A.C. patch , there's a site online I think SAC Patches or something of the like that has a guy that should be able to narrow it down for you, porbably B-52 or F-111 related and I'd venture late 70's into early 80's as to era .

thanks I'll look into it

Would the bullion be something like a General's Aide?
It reminds me of those shields worn by Army General's Aides.
Just a guess.

Erwin

Edit; http://www.uniforminsignia.org/index.php/?option=com_insigniasearch&Itemid=53&result=1278
Boatswain US Coast Guard / US Navy?

They look pretty similar yeah. Thanks!

Master Crew Chiefs along with Master Recovery Team Chiefs, and Master Technicians were awarded by SAC Requlation 66-1 or SAC Manuel 66-1, based on on Job Performance, Training, Technical Knowledge, Quality Control Evaluations, Quality Control Inspection Followups (all awards), and Aircraft On Time Performance for the Master Crew Chief

award, for the Period of the award,. the award was issued once and while normally for a year, and transfer orders in processed, or unit were being inactivated, the time could be wavered. The awarding authority as the Wing Deputy Commander for Maintenance based on a recommendation of the Squadron Commander. The awards program dates back to the 1950's I can't remember, but I believe there was also a award for Weapons Loading Team

Terry L Horstead

Master Crew Chiefs along with Master Recovery Team Chiefs, and Master Technicians were awarded by SAC Requlation 66-1 or SAC Manuel 66-1, based on on Job Performance, Training, Technical Knowledge, Quality Control Evaluations, Quality Control Inspection Followups (all awards), and Aircraft On Time Performance for the Master Crew Chief

award, for the Period of the award,. the award was issued once and while normally for a year, and transfer orders in processed, or unit were being inactivated, the time could be wavered. The awarding authority as the Wing Deputy Commander for Maintenance based on a recommendation of the Squadron Commander. The awards program dates back to the 1950's I can't remember, but I believe there was also a award for Weapons Loading Team

Terry L Horstead

So it's an award that you could wear for a year, barring any complexities?

"So it's an award that you could wear for a year, barring any complexities?"

No, it was awarded one time and certificate placed in the training records (Air Force Form 623 file jacket" and would be worn as long as you were in the command

I know for several times the local commanders allowed personnel former MAC & AFSC personnel to were the Master Crew Chief patches from their former command.

Terry L Horstead

"So it's an award that you could wear for a year, barring any complexities?"

No, it was awarded one time and certificate placed in the training records (Air Force Form 623 file jacket" and would be worn as long as you were in the command

I know for several times the local commanders allowed personnel former MAC & AFSC personnel to were the Master Crew Chief patches from their former command.

Terry L Horstead

Thanks!