Super Saturday! USN SEAL & More

Well done Skio!Looks like you had a great Saturday!I hope that you got their names to keep with their stuff!Looks like your USAF guy was a bit of a patch collector too.

I have a question.The camo uniform in the top two photos of post #6;would those be issue or private purchase?

Thanks Steve

Yep, the guy got all these years ago by hanging around the BX and asking for patches.

The two camo's that you asked about are private purchase and modified a tad bit.

I did not get the name of the SEAL vet but I did figure out his name by the tags on the B-4 bags and his first name on a piece of paper in a pocket.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Those are Bosun Pipes. If you ever see in a movie where they pipe someone aboard that is what they are using. The use goes back to sailing ships to give commands to the crew when the voice could not be heard. The shrill sound could be heard over the sound of the sea and the noises on a ship.

Ray

Ah thanks!

Semper Fi

looking for ALL items related to china, india, burma, and japan

also modern gear

Well that's a haul and a half. What are the 5 knives along side what I believe is a Mk2? Also, is that a night vision scope? Would that be a military item?

The 5 knifes are hard plastic training knifes and are marked 711th SOS with a sharpie. The guy said they use them to train self defense to foreign airman.

The scope is a Night vision and IR scope and works great! It is not military grade probably a few notches below it.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Thanks Steve

Yep, the guy got all these years ago by hanging around the BX and asking for patches.

The two camo's that you asked about are private purchase and modified a tad bit.

I did not get the name of the SEAL vet but I did figure out his name by the tags on the B-4 bags and his first name on a piece of paper in a pocket.

Actually the camouflage uniform were most likely a unit purchase made on order. these were made by k-l mfg. (if i see correctly atleast one of the tan tops you have seems to be made by that same company) which i've never seen selling those items. they came that way from the factory. it is another exceedingly rare uniform, first time i see it with pants and matching hat....last top i've seen for sale fetched more than 300$. again, congratulations.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.