experimental color 101st patching bringing major coin

ocsfollowme

I know right. I thought I was hitting a home run. The only piece that has me curious as to a good Experimental is the TOP LEFT which is merrowed edge white on OD.

Thats to bad.There about 6 or 7 of those SF patches that could have fooled me as an 'experimental' or 'test' patch for the unit.

I know right. I thought I was hitting a home run. The only piece that has me curious as to a good Experimental is the TOP LEFT which is merrowed edge white on OD.

That could be a good one?

• 5 months later...
KidKuparuk

Regarding Airborne CMD with the attached white on red AIRBORNE tab, Les Hughes wrote about that insigne in an article entitled "Paper Illusions and Wooden Nickels" in Trading Post , July-Sept., 1995. The 555 PIR also wore that insigne, and vets of that unit could recall only the gold on black AIRBORNE tab. The 555 association's stationery depicts it that way as well. (White on) red herring?

Having a Schiffli machine (and the patterns) at one's disposal for the purpose of making fantasy pieces is one thing, and bad enough; using it to make counterfeits of legitimate rare pieces is something else. Is that the bridge the subject of this thread has not crossed?

Bill Scott

The patches are not the experimental part of this equation. The experimental is how much BS can you pile on to make someone part with 247.00.I guess their experiment worked to perfection.Just ask me I bought 6 of the Airborne Command patches when they came out of New Jersey in the late 80s.I still have one in my desk just so I remember dumb dumb's are made they were not born that way.Scotty

lamarhooten

I think that he belives a new generation will accept his stuff! Check out some of his 16th MP nrig. color combos! Alot flashier than the old yellow/gold version! Even doing an older South Dakota HG patch in strange colors! :huh:

BILL THE PATCH

DanD coll have weird looking 42nd divs as well and they only start at 3.00 why bother with real common patches, I never see bids on them either. Now I'm not sticking up for dand but a few years back I bought some first style air cadet patches the ones that have ac in middle of oval shaped patch. Got 5 of them and they were the real deal. Go figure

Bill Scott

That is a very smart move on the scammers part in the old west it was called salting a mine.Scotty

• 2 weeks later...

The patches are not the experimental part of this equation. The experimental is how much BS can you pile on to make someone part with 247.00.I guess their experiment worked to perfection.Just ask me I bought 6 of the Airborne Command patches when they came out of New Jersey in the late 80s.I still have one in my desk just so I remember dumb dumb's are made they were not born that way.Scotty

I recall many dealers calling them 555th Triple Nickel patches, yeah right. Never seen anyone member of the 555 in photographs wearing one. I do have a used and faded one in my collection.

I think posters should stop perpetuating these in a small way by continuing to use the word "experimental."

I agree, I also believe that some can be legitimate manufacturing errors.

Bill Scott

I do not believe any of the ones shown are errors if they are made by the same person.I think they are meant to deceive as most of his other insignia was and is crap.How can one guy producing insignia make that many errors and still stay in business its impossible.Scotty

warcollect1942

Experimental was the word used by Dancoll the seller. I used the word of the seller.

I am sorry if I confused anyone. It is not real The seller is know for making junk.

I can only agree with Scotty here. These are not errors nor are experimental.

When you look at the 2nd Inf Div patch posted above and compare it with the refined design of a real one, count the number of feathers, look at the star not reaching to the border, the border not being equally wide... all signs that it's a fake.

H.

post-4811-0-79218000-1433707969.jpg

• 2 years later...
ocsfollowme

Very special unit - The Oompa-Loompa Air Delivery Section of the Willy Wonka Airborne Candy Brigade.

Darn it Dick! All I needed was for you to come out and ID the unit. Now I'll never be able to sneak up on it. :dry:

At least I have the rarer oval and beret flash... :lol:

Allan

SERIOUS collector of all Oompa-Loompa Air Delivery Section pieces and Willy Wonka Candy Brigade items- insignias, uniforms, ice cream scoops, etc.

Top prices paid!

I know what originals look like, so please don't try to pass off a fake to me.

manayunkman

What kind of thread are they using?

Do they glow?

I can't imagine they are using old cotton thread, would it handle the tension from an industrial weaving machine?

manayunkman

He's laughing all the way to the bank.

That's crazy stuff, he might just end up underneath a pile of those patches.

philliephanatic