WW2 USN Flight Jacket and Logbook

willipr

His 2nd kill a Lilly. Shot down on Jan 21, 1945. It reads, "Hit Formosa- Jakao? Harbor. On return near Koto Sho Is. spotted this twin engine plane & splashed him."

post-154874-0-42927100-1415318944.jpg

Wow, that is absolutely fascinating!! What a fine piece of history. You are so lucky to still have it in the family!!

Thank you for sharing this with us!!

Chris

Thank you for sharing this wonderful jacket. Amazing, particulary with stories that it could tell to us all...

Waiting to read some logbooks pages!

Franck

Great Logbook! I love it when they fill in as many details as your grandfather did. Some have just the basics written in them but ones like this are very special. You are very lucky to have it along with his flight jacket. It makes for a really great grouping. Thanks for sharing the photos.

JD

Very special log. I am so glad you have kept this an appreciate the history behind it. I love the little kill flags drawn on the pages.

Kurt

Amazing set and even more special it's your grandfathers. The jacket is top notch and the logbook is stellar....love how detailed it is. Hold on to this!! It is great you have an interest in it and also wanted to share it with us.