Thanks, Craigslist! APH-5 and FS FB Helmet

GIKyle

I had never really looked at Craigslist until about a month or so ago, and now I kinda regret not doing so sooner. Have had a pretty good month. Here are two of those finds: First a 1968 dated APH-5 helmet with dark visor. Overall its in great shape - The only two problems I see are a missing front and back pad on the inside, and one of the earpieces has popped off the plastic part that seems to hold it on. Haven't tried to monkey around with it yet, however.

Next was a Front Seam, Fixed Bail Helmet and Liner - Helmet's heat stamp is 614B, and has a nice MSA liner. Great original paint and good chinstraps. I got this along with 5x WWII Sterling EIBs, a pin back jump wing, and some WWII-era Purple Heart Ribbons. Admittedly helmets are not really my cup of tea but I've learned enough not to pass up good items when I see em! I cannot complain at all, and hope my luck holds out. Hope you enjoy.

post-537-0-81720600-1414874247.jpg

post-537-0-43137000-1414874255.jpg

BigDogMilitaria

CL comes in waves over here. It will be months with nothing and then all at once. You have to stay on it , there is usually a lot of competition for the stuff we like!

Nice finds. The helmet looks to be in very nice shape.

I look at CL every now and then, but like Ron, it's pretty dead here. I used to have pretty good luck running ads in local news papers and Veteran newsletters. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to drive around the state and look at items anymore. Once my kids are in college, I may start it up again.

JD

Many thanks all- I doubt such luck will continue indefinitely but like any hot streak I hope to ride it as long as possible!

Kyle