F-4N Phantom II cockpit floor height difference-fwd to aft.

northcoastaero

northcoastaero

Does anyone know the height difference from the top surface of the fwd cockpit floor to the top surface

of the aft cockpit floor in the USN/USMC McDonnell Douglas F-4N Phantom II aircraft? I have heard

anywhere from 4 to 9 inches. The Squadron/Signal Aircraft in Action book on the F-4 mentions that

there was an additional 6 inch increase between the fwd and aft floors from the early F4H-1 to the

production versions. Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you.

• 5 months later...
northcoastaero

I am still doing research on this subject. My latest opinion is that the height difference is somewhere between 7.5 inches to 12.75 inches. I really think that it is a 7.5 inch difference. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
northcoastaero

I have heard that the height of the floors is the same on USAF versions, possibly because of the dual flight controls. The aft seat seems to be mounted about 5in to 5.2018 inches higher on the aft cockpit rear bulkhead in the USAF versions. Still unsure about the floors in the USN/USMC versions. I know that all of my past model kits show a height difference (around 4in), but the kits do have inaccuracies.

• 2 weeks later...
Battalion0415

S.A. and Japan have these ones i knows.

But S.A. have EF Typhoon on the way to AF Defence and Japan haves F-35 on the way.

Plus maybe 2-4 or 5 or 6 mores with this F-4 jets. In the Middle East and Africa. Maybe Nigeria in Africa. I don't know really in Nigeria theirs jets but maybe in beginning of topics the same jets like S.A. in Middle east and Japan in Asia.

Battalion0415

F-22 and Super Hornets and F-15 SE are only three to have in future Air Force. By air defense by jakt, attack and spaning in Swedish translation. Other can write it in Google translate from swedish to english.