2 pre/early war wings.. AMCRAFT and MEYER

BROBS

Just got these two wings..

the Amcraft are worn down to nearly all brass on front.

the Meyer are in nice condition, definitely worn.

I believe they are good.. though I took a chance from terrible photos by the seller when purchasing.

These are the first two "large shield" prewar wings I've picked up.

into the fleet they go!

thanks,

Brian

post-114538-0-34368100-1414625636.jpg

post-114538-0-92052800-1414625647.jpg

Patchcollector

2 sweet Wings.I really like the early war/prewar examples.I'm guessing that most of the "early" Wings were not Sterling?

Congrats those are very nice wings! I'm not 100% sure about which Meyers are good but was watching this one you bought since it looked good to me. You got an awesome deal on that wing I couldn't believe it went so cheap. Since it belonged to the sellers father in law did you ask who the airman was so we all could try to research his service history?

Congrats those are very nice wings! I'm not 100% sure about which Meyers are good but was watching this one you bought since it looked good to me. You got an awesome deal on that wing I couldn't believe it went so cheap. Since it belonged to the sellers father in law did you ask who the airman was so we all could try to research his service history?

I will be contacting the seller to see if these were his wings from service or if they are just a set he bought as a collector.

I think no one bid because of the bad photos, especially of the backside of the wing. About 20 bucks for the set isn't too bad, eh? Less than most shirt size wings!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Tom thanks for the comparison pics.

-Brian

Both wings seem fine to me, but the Meyer is not pre-war.

The first pattern Amcraft could be late 1930's and the second pattern Meyer

is more like mid WWII.

John

Thanks John,

That makes sense as a date for the Meyer wings. I got a response from the seller with info about his father in law:

My father-in-law, Charles Zoet, was an Army Air Corps pilot who was also trained by the navy to fly PBY's. He flew air/sea rescue out of North Africa in 1943. Glad you like the wings.

I mistakenly thought that all wings with big shields were from the prewar era.

Thanks again,

-Brian