Warning on 275th Armored Walt Disney design

mortaydc60

The one on the left I believe is an original. The one on the right is what Mort is talking about in the concerned auction listed above.

post-122868-0-89551200-1414454651.jpg

Here is another link with one that Rarepatchman posted. I am going to have to call the one on the right a bogus, non-original one. So far 4 other ones that are like the one on the left.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/211456-is-that-a-cricket-in-iron-clad-yep-check-out-this-275th-armored-artillery-patch/?hl=%2Bcricket+%2Bpatch

I would put the one in question into the category of all of the other yellow felt patches that we have seen as repros (mostly of the USMC aviator kind and squadron insignia ones) that have come out of England in the 1980s and 1990s.

I'm still a learning novice, but hoping someone else will chime in on this one.

I have written about the 275th AFA and their patch, which included going thru the Disney Archives. The patch in question is very similar to mine, which came from a vet. I don't think the photos in the listing are helpful.

post-622-0-17538100-1414462083.jpg

Tredhed2, the patch in the listing is the bogus one, that was on the right. Whomever is paying the $350 is going to be getting burned. You had it right before you edited your post. The one that Pat Quinn was selling (the one on the left), matches Scotty's and yours.