Special Ops Dog harness

Mr.Jerry

Picked this up from a super secret squirrel friend of mine.

Not the same one shown in the mission pic of him he also gave me, but nice that they blotted out the dogs ID for security too!

dog1.jpg

usa2.jpg

The harness is indeed,very very nice with the SOC and pathfinder patches and unknown events associated with it.

I was fortunate to have spent most of the day yesterday at the FT Stewart MP MWD kennels with the non profit 501c organization, Military Working Dog Team Support Association, Inc (MWDTSA) http://www.mwdtsa.org/

The MPs demonstrated their dogs' capabilities, brand new kennel facility and various dog and handler equipment. They had several different style harnesses and working collars. Some of the harnesses were made like the one above and that handle on the top is a great improvement from some older equipment. Several of the handlers had numerous Iraq/Afghanistan tours and almost all of the dogs were combat veterans (with the honorary rank of SSG E-6 indicated on their kennel nameplate). Several of the handlers wore Special Forces patches on their right shoulders as they served "downrange" with SF units. One of the handlers has just been selected for SF assignment/training.

Jerry, thanks again for sharing your new find and giving us another piece of equipment to wonder what it has been through and experiences it's owner has had.

Ken

Thanks guys! My friend did menton that the extra handles were very useful for "extracting" the dogs when they "had to go".

The guys in that pic are Devgru or NSW though.

Yes. DEVGRU, Gold Squadron. These are some of the men lost on 6 August 2011.

RIP Warriors .....