My Patch Blanket

sprite63

A pic of my collection. All of these were collected between 1952 and 1953 while my father was stationed in Sendai Japan. We stood outside the PX and asked the soldiers if we could have their patches. Our maid sewed them on the blanket, and yes some are upside down. The marine patches are from my uncle. Not sure if there are any rarities here, and would appreciate comments and thoughts. I used to know all of the units but memory is not what it used to be. The one I'm most curious about is the one with the parrot under what appears to be railroad tracks...

post-154667-0-95205800-1414207593.jpg

The 100th Infantry Division with tab and Korea Communication Zones are nice.Can we get a close up of the shooting star, the one to the right, and Tank Destroyer patches?

The 100th Infantry Division with tab and Korea Communication Zones are nice.Can we get a close up of the shooting star, the one to the right, and Tank Destroyer patches?

Will take some pics and post them up. The 100th with the Century tab is a bullion and unfortunately in pretty poor shape.

Hard tell but is that a Patch King patch?

Pretty sure it is after reading the linked post. Has me wondering how I came by it in Japan since its a reproduction of a WWI SSI.

I see a GHQ (General Head Quarters) and two versions of the KOMZ Korea patch, and what looks like an AFN (Armed Forces Network) patch.

Neat item.

I see a GHQ (General Head Quarters) and two versions of the KOMZ Korea patch, and what looks like an AFN (Armed Forces Network) patch.

Neat item.

Yep, the AFN patch reads Far East. We used to call the KOMZ torch patch the "flaming honey bucket"

Some close ups

post-154667-0-57089700-1414355623.jpg

post-154667-0-96106500-1414355576.jpg

post-154667-0-49501400-1414355670.jpg

post-154667-0-11640200-1414355717.jpg