Drum restoration

JB4244

Hello,

I'm looking for someone who can help me to restore an old drum ... I didn't find a lot of documentation about that !

Please contact me.

Thanks.

Best regards.

I would think that maybe a shop that sells musical instruments may be able to point you in the right direction, or even possibly a high school band or college band may have the information about repairing old drums or know of points of contact.

Another possibility is getting in touch with someone at the Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps..

Here is a link: http://www.fifeanddrum.army.mil/

Leigh

Try Cooperman Fife & Drum (cooperman.com). They make excellent reproduction drums and could probably do restoration as well. If not, I'm sure they could refer you to someone.

You might also try Noble and Cooley Drum. They have been in business since 1854. Made CW regimental drums, and did a line of regimental drums recently. They still use the original equipment. Located in Granville, MA (413) 357-6321

www.noblecooley.com/civil-war-snare.html

Link for their CW snare repro and a little history of the company. About 10 miles from me. I have visited a few times. They are still run by family members trying to keep the place alive. They make everything from toy drums to high-end modern drums.

Frank