A Good Weekend

I had to take my son to his NG Drill in Bowling Green, OH last weekend. I figured since I was over that way I'd do some picking. I went to a small military show in Auburn, IN and a few fleas, estate sales, antique shops and one auction. In addition to a B-17 Ball Turret gunner and B-25 KIA Pilot groupings I picked up a ton of smalls. I'm a sucker for homefront pieces and bought every one found. I also ran across a WWII DUI from my son's unit, the 148th Infantry Regiment. It's funny that the official motto is "we'll do it". He tells me the informal motto is "we'll do it....tomorrow"...lol. The CIB was turned into a tie clip by an enterprising owner. It's sterling and the clip is 1/20 gold filled. Another odd ball is the USO Minute Girls pin. Never seen one or heard of them.

I also picked up several painted leather patches. They were done in the late 80's early 90's by a local artist. All are done in the same style as the WW2 era patches.

Enjoy, comments welcome,

Scott

post-124172-0-41960200-1413992279.jpgpost-124172-0-69149500-1413992280.jpg

"The history of gunfighting fails to record a single fatality resulting from a quick noise...speed's fine, but accuracy is final." William (Bill) H. Jordan, 1965

North Coast Military Antiques

https://northcoastmilitaryantiques.com

"preserving history, one piece at a time"

Nicely done! I like sweetheart/home front stuff too, so I understand your motivation. What is the "E" award card? Is that a display indicating the factory received one?

WANTED: I collect materials of any age related to the US Army Quartermaster Corps and from the long-defunct Commissary / Subsistence Corps. Anything goes and it doesn't have to be identified to a vet. If it's weird or unusual, please PM me! ASMIC #5650

Nicely done! I like sweetheart/home front stuff too, so I understand your motivation. What is the "E" award card? Is that a display indicating the factory received one?

Matches, complete no less.

post-124172-0-87658200-1413994516.jpgpost-124172-0-94453900-1413994517.jpg

"The history of gunfighting fails to record a single fatality resulting from a quick noise...speed's fine, but accuracy is final." William (Bill) H. Jordan, 1965

Very nice! I wish I had that much luck in a month and you got it in a weekend!

....Kat

Not really lucky. Three solid 10 hour days and a lot of dry holes. For every 5 or 6 stops I might only cash in at 1. But I love doing it so it's not like work..... :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.