What about this ACH?

1936farmall

I'll take better pictures Tom. I also picked up a usgi multicam cover cheap but sadly not patched. I like this place you can get covers and parts for a buck each.

Thanks. That one was cheaper than a Marine Corps light weight helmet I just got. Marine helmets are rare here.

Nice ACH. The Black NVG Plate means it was used either during the 05-07 OIF Rotation to SW Baghdad or to the Surge when we were located in Baghdad. Looking at the Helmet I am guessing this one was (at least last) wore during the Surge when the BCT deployed from OCT 07-NOV 08. Reason lean toward the Surge was for the O5-07 Deployment, the BCT still had OD Helmet bands as the Sage Green were not available yet. THe BCT SOP was also to have our Battle Roster Numbers on the Helmet Band. Mine was BBHA####. B (2-502 IN) B (B Co) HA (1st Two of the last name) #### (Last 4 SSN). THe SOP was changed and these were removed for the Surge Rotation.

STRIKE!

Wade

Thanks for the history. I love to learn the history of these helmets. Any pictures of them in use? I'll look up the Surge when I get off work.

Here's one from the Surge- You should be able to see the sage green band, as well as the black NOD mount (over sprayed Tan). After this deployment actual tan mounts were issued. But those that had been with the unit awhile continued to use their old stuff until it was worn out.

Kyle

post-537-0-44386900-1413943513.jpg

Those are great pictures!! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a patched tri color PASGT in the first picture on the wall.

Good eye, That is actually my CAT I Interpreter "High Tower" wearing the TriColor. It actually was not patches. We didn't have any extra patches and he wanted to wear the Black Hearts so he freehand drew them on with a sharpie.