B-24 Fuselage Oxygen Panel - HELP!

BlueBookGuy

Hello everybody,

suddenly serious issues in posting any pictures (just since a few days), but I'm sure any vintage collector does know what I'm referring to.

Together with a friend I'm currently trying to get completed a oxygen panel like those present at waist gunners' stations in WW2 B-17 and B24 - a gunner's mannequin is slowly being assambled and we'd like to connect him, when finished, to the proper comm. and oxy. supply lines.

Presently we've got the A-3 "blinker" and the K-1 "Cylinder pressure" instruments, and the A-12 Demand Diluter Regulator + hose for the oxygen matter; the Q-1B rheostat for the heated clothings; and the "FADA" BC-1366 Jack Box for the comm. side.

Here comes the hardest part: we're looking for the more or less squared metal box (fixed to a sheet panel) wich contained the two oxy. instruments (plus the warning light) and wich the regulator was attached to. We have period-photos and drawings of it fitted even with plumbings, so if really needed we could try to buil one as closest as possible by using lightweight metal or resins sheets.

However we're still looking to a real one, possibly from scrapped airplanes. Please are anyone competent in this subject and able to give any tips?

Thanks so much!! Greetings from Italy, Franco.

• 3 years later...

Air Forces Manual No. 35, Notes on the Use of Oxygen Equipment for Air Crews, with Special Reference to the B-17, B-24, B-25 and B-26. War Department, Headquarters Army Air Forces, August 1944

post-75-0-40213200-1517705599_thumb.jpg

the good news...that style panel was used on many multi engine military aircraft late into the 1940s..and possibly early 1950s production...finding one will not be difficult...