Show your Sterling Wings

Banjo

can you post a close-up of the Naval Aviator wings with non-reg EGA attached? I've heard of these but never seen any!

can you post a close-up of the Naval Aviator wings with non-reg EGA attached? I've heard of these but never seen any!

Here is a closeup. It a real neat wing. I also put in a close up of the early one. Notice you can see the detail on the feathers....Thanks for asking

post-478-1170116202.jpg

post-478-1170116237.jpg

Flying Tiger,Thanks! The bullion embroidered wings are geat! I only have U.S.N./U.S.M.C. bullion wings.Wish I'd find some like those. I only posted the sterling ones like you said. I did not post my U.S.N./U.S.M.C. because they are gold filled. Rich A.

Flying Tiger,Thanks! The bullion embroidered wings are geat! I only have U.S.N./U.S.M.C. bullion wings.Wish I'd find some like those. I only posted the sterling ones like you said. I did not post my U.S.N./U.S.M.C. because they are gold filled. Rich A.

Hey Rich A. Please feel free to show them. I would love to see them. That is the way mine are gold filled. In fact show them all....Thanks again for your comments

Guest Dick Pumphrey

Hi John,

Great wings! It is really a treat to see wings in their original packaging. Good stuff my friend! Thanks to all for sharing their goodies.

Regards,

Dick

Thanks guys I am glad you enjoyed them - I do love those Balfour wings!

I need to pick up a few more of the 1.5 inch size to finish a disply I have... once completed I will post it.

John

Here are some wings that are on my uniform's

Ok I got to looking at this and the ribbons where way off. Had it dry cleaned and never payed attention to the ribbons when I got it back.

post-478-1170547218.jpg

Very nice sets you have there - I must say I like those bullion wings! I am not sure what it is but the bullion just seems so nice...

THANKS for posting!

Ok I got to looking at this and the ribbons where way off. Had it dry cleaned and never payed attention to the ribbons when I got it back.

I've got to cry foul on this one Flying Tiger. Those ribbons are undoubtedly added to the uniform and are pure fantasy.

Let's see- WWII Bombardeer wing with an Army Achievement medal? AND a "2" instead of the proper olc? Plus the Army Service ribbon and an overseas service ribbon (couldn't have earned them until the 1980's) and the USAF Longevity ribbon which would have required the wearer to be in a USAF blue uniform with USAF bombardeer wings.

Also, the Army Good Conduct with that many knots would have made him a senior NCO by the time he had earned that many, and thus would not have made him a candidate for going to school as a bombardeer.

The randomness of the ribbons and the fact that they are brand new manufacture just screams that it is a fantasy.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Allan

Hi all,

Here are a few of my sterling pinback wings...

3 inch Amcraft Pilot.

post-554-1170675202.jpg

3 inch sterling Pilot

post-554-1170675244.jpg

3 inch sterling clutchback pilot

post-554-1170675303.jpg

3 inch sterling Navigator

post-554-1170675348.jpg

Full size Balfour USN Pilot

post-554-1170676057.jpg

3 inch Amico Pilot in original Amico box

post-554-1170676094.jpg