Some times the militaria god smiles on you

Great haul, is that a ww2 Aussie slouch hat?

'A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon'

Always looking for Vietnam War US Special Forces/MACV-SOG jungle shirts/uniforms and OG107 Shirts/uniforms.

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Great haul, is that a ww2 Aussie slouch hat?

There are two of them in the lot. One with a gilt badge and one with a dark badge.

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time.

You can not pronounce as knowledge anything you can not demonstrate.

ASMIC Secretary

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Very nice!You can use the Jeep to haul away all the stuff :lol:

High Flight

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silver wings;

Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hovering there

I've chased the shouting wind along and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long delirious, burning blue

I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,

where never lark, or even eagle flew;

and while, with silent, lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

June 9, 1922 – December 11, 1941

" And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword. Ready to do what a hero can." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Don't let the B@stards wear you down -"Vinegar" Joe Stillwell

Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.Unreasonable

people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.All progress,

therefore, depends on unreasonable people.

George Bernard Shaw

" Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" , Fletcher,from the movie "The outlaw Josey Wales"

Can anyone tell me what the knife on the trench art ashtray is? Thanks.

It is a trench art letter opener

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time.

ASMIC Secretary

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Garth we think we know all the collectors in our area then something like this turns up! He would have been a great attribute to the club.

Ronnie

Ronnie,

He was from Texas. His daughter is the one living in Germantown.

ASMIC Secretary

Hi Garth, any chance of some more pics of the slouch hats when you have time please.

cheers

Ryan

'A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon'

Always looking for Vietnam War US Special Forces/MACV-SOG jungle shirts/uniforms and OG107 Shirts/uniforms.

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Nice Navy and Marine medal.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Interesting to see another 1895 sack coat with the wartime gold lace Infantry service stripes and the one directly below it. Red piping on white correct? My Great great uncle's uniform has this exact service stripes combination. Only difference is that it also has Infantry Corporal chevrons on the sleeves. I've been told that the red piped service stripes is Indian Scout related. We are registered Cherokee Indians and this doesn't seem to be to far fetched. Any markings in the coat?

Aloha,

John

WOW what a grouping!! It covers WW1&2. You must make a sacrifice to the Great God of Militaria goodies!!!!

I don't think I have mentioned that I am the part time high priest and would be more than willing to be your medium in this matter!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Great find. Congrat's!

Semper Fi

Phil

donation2014.gif

Where's the kitchen sink? ..........Great find !!!!!!

Looking for: Fourth/ Seventh Rhode Island Infantry items

Purple Heart : Robert L. Freitag KIA ETO 2/11/45

Any US/German items with the last name "Freitag"

also, war-related posters

donation2013.gif

Nice Navy and Marine medal.

Ron,

It is a Mariners Medal.

Garth

post-83-0-32383200-1413647624.jpg

ASMIC Secretary

Is that a training nozzle for a flamethrower?

attachicon.gif564.jpg

It is a WW1 trench periscope

ASMIC Secretary

Interesting to see another 1895 sack coat with the wartime gold lace Infantry service stripes and the one directly below it. Red piping on white correct? My Great great uncle's uniform has this exact service stripes combination. Only difference is that it also has Infantry Corporal chevrons on the sleeves. I've been told that the red piped service stripes is Indian Scout related. We are registered Cherokee Indians and this doesn't seem to be to far fetched. Any markings in the coat?

Aloha,

John

John,

The red trimmed white service stripe is for Indian Scouts as indicated in the small amount of reference material I can find. Here are pictures of the stripe and the QM stamp on the sleeve lining.

Garth

post-83-0-24261100-1413653489.jpg

post-83-0-63470200-1413653497.jpg

ASMIC Secretary

Nice job Garth! Sounds like you do business the right way!!

JD

AAF Collector...........
**Always Buying WW2 Aviation Related Items: Especially Operation Tidal Wave items (1st Ploesti Raid) ..... WW2 Fighter Ace Related Items.....Higher End A-2 Flight Jacket Groups....AAF Related Valor Medal Groups**

donation2017.gif
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Ron,

It is a Mariners Medal.

Garth

Thanks Garth

Great looking set

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Great looking collection, Garth! You're going to be a busy boy for a while! Congrats.....Bob

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Awesome find!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Forum Member #1691 since September 2007

Served in the US Army from 1960-80

First Sergeant (Retired)

Vietnam 1967 with 7-15th FA ~ [8"/175mm Gun] First Field Forces

Vietnam 1968 with 1-30th FA ~ [155mm] 1st Cavalry Division [AIRMOBILE]

President & Historian 30th FA Regiment Association ( WWW.HardChargers.Com )

Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the 30th Field Artillery Regiment in 2018

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.