? Unmarked Pin-Back Jump Wings ?

summersdogs

Hello to all. I would like information/opinions on the era of these jump wings and where they were made (US/somewhere else). Thank you.

Lynne

post-1405-0-54912400-1413486855.jpg

post-1405-0-66379200-1413486876.jpg

Thanks much, tarbridge. I thought they might have been repaired. But why go the trouble? Just wondering.

Lynne

Thanks much, tarbridge. I thought they might have been repaired. But why go the trouble? Just wondering.

Lynne

Well,they were still good wings...could have been WWII and later...hard to tell.

May not be repaired.Maybe just the way the material oxidixed over the years.

US made.

There are various wings with the areas of the pin over set where the post type pin may have also been used.I see it on Air Corps wings.

I also have a similiar set along with a glider wing that are not marked sterling.Both are from a local 17th/82nd vet and are not sterling marked.The Glider wing when weighed is almost th same weight as a sterking marked one.Im not sure being unmarked if these would classify as a graduation wing or a PX wing etc.

This said a friend stated he still could buy Sterling marked pim back wings at FT.Benning in 1969.When he was in the 11th Airborne in 1959 he said the supply Sgt in his unit had a lot of the sterling wings available.I dont recall if he had to buy them as he was an officer.Will have to ask him the next time I see him

There were also non sterling pimbacks as well into the 1960s.

May not be repaired.Maybe just the way the material oxidixed over the years.

US made.

There are various wings with the areas of the pin over set where the post type pin may have also been used.I see it on Air Corps wings.

I also have a similiar set along with a glider wing that are not marked sterling.Both are from a local 17th/82nd vet and are not sterling marked.The Glider wing when weighed is almost th same weight as a sterking marked one.Im not sure being unmarked if these would classify as a graduation wing or a PX wing etc.

This said a friend stated he still could buy Sterling marked pim back wings at FT.Benning in 1969.When he was in the 11th Airborne in 1959 he said the supply Sgt in his unit had a lot of the sterling wings available.I dont recall if he had to buy them as he was an officer.Will have to ask him the next time I see him

There were also non sterling pimbacks as well into the 1960s.

Not sterling for sure...picture is hard to see the details of the wing...but as Ron said it could be oxidation...and they were around for years.