Tennessee

CombatEng44

In the Sevierville, TN area..That is East TN around the Smoky Mtns. close to the Dollywood Theme Park.

Google on Olden Days Antique Mall. A friend who some of us know from shows has about 7 booths of nice military items, mostly WWII. Reasonable! Plus, he works there on Sunday and Wednesday so ask for the "good ole boy" discount. Nice clean well put together displayed items.

• 5 years later...
CombatEng44

I thought I would do a little update on what is going on in East Tennessee since the shutdowns. 

I can't speak for any other area in Tennessee but East TN is pretty much open for business with SOME restrictions, of course. I will say that the tourist area in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg is booming although I don't think the amusements parks are open. Will be soon. But, who cares when the Mountains are open!

A huge antique mall is opening up tomorrow after undergoing a new ownership and an impressive overhaul. The Green Olde Deal Antique Mall at 1442 Winfield Dunn Pkwy opens Friday May 22, 2020. My wife and I have 4 booths of true antiques and vintage pieces with reasonable prices for a mall. We are moving from 3 locations in the mall to one large one on the balcony and will have one entire booth dedicated to militaria in the next couple of weeks. I hope to keep it interesting, clean, and rotation of items. Civil War to VN Era items.

My friend is still set up at Olden Days and and the parking lot was full last Saturday. There are, at least, 10 large antique/vintage/decor(yuck) shops within a 5 mile area that ARE open now. Plenty of places to eat and sleep.

So, if your state is closed, drive on down and spend some time here. Just bring your masks!

The HomeFront