patch ID help for friend ............

Johnny Signor

Johnny Signor

A friend in the Netherlands sent me an image of a Korean era USAF patch , I can't post it but can e mail the image to someone if they e mail me and then they can post it on this section of the forum , if you can help please drop me a PM , thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a fighter squadron with the nickname 'Flying Tigers'.Not the 23rd TFW but a squadron.I think it was assigned to the 51st FW?

Got to be novelty for a person or unit that has been grounded. A tiger with a flight helmet chained to a desk and the motto which looks like Latin but isn't "Unchain Us Posthaste(us)"

Johnny Signor

The man got a 15th Tactical Recon Sqd and a 22nd Fighter Sqd patch also with this one all Korean era , hoping someone can nail down the "specifics" of this one what the letters at the top means etc , it could be from the 15th as their Emblem had a tiger riding a jet like fuselage ......................

Johnny

Johnny Signor

Could be a "possible" , but am hoping someone can narrow it down to a photo etc of it in use and an ID for sure .............

Notice D/FSR is in a pentagon. D is most likely Director or Directorate. FSR could be anything as that acronym has many military uses, and probably has changed a dozen times since the 50s. Fighter pilots in the 50s used the tiger as a symbol of themselves. I don't think it's a unit patch per se, but a Pentagon staff morale type patch for a pilot doing what most of them hate, a ground staff job. Just thinking out loud...

Randy