ULTIMATE EVENT "Operation Czech Fury 2015" in the Czech Republic is recruting for US participants now!

hbtcoveralls

Recruiting now for US participants!

Coming off the success of the 2014 event in Northern France "The pursuit" the next event is in the planning stages right now. This event is planned to be the largest most monumental WWII event ever. Taking place over 10 days in the field in the Czech Republic area of West Bohemia, the event will follow the footsteps of the 4th Armored Division as they liberated Czechoslovakia in 1945 and culminates with the liberation of Plisen, the last major city liberated by the Allies in the ETO. Dates are April 23rd 2015 to May 6th 2015 (remember to include days for travel). This event is not to be missed. It is only for the hard core experienced living historian. There will be no hotels or feather beds, you will live eat and sleep like the WWII GIs did in the same place at the same time and in the same uniform.
The history; Spring 1945 the 3rd Army is moving into Austria against slight opposition. Their left flank rests along the pre 1935 Czech/German border. Patton, increasingly nervous about the armed German divisions on his left being pushed his way by the Russian advance Westward requests to enter Czechoslovakia and attempt to neutralize the threat to his flank. Bradley and Eisenhower approve and the 4th Armored is tasked with the job. At first the 4th advances through sullen Sudeten German areas but quickly break out into the heart of South West Bohemia. Hailed as liberators the 4th slugs it out against decreasing opposition until halted on the way to Prague. The largest City in West Bohemia is Pilzen. A large city home to the Skoda Works, it is also garrisoned by 10,000 German Soldiers. Patton gives the job to the untested 16th Armored Division. The 16th detaches itself and pushes in the direction of Pilzen. After securing heights outside the city the 16th entered the city to sporadic opposition and snipers.The Germans in Pilzen surrendered and the 16th prepared to move toward Prague, but the order to stand down was received. The Russians entered Prague while the 16th remained in the area consolidating gains. Within the month the US Army would pull back to the lines agreed on at Yalta and the Czechs would be plunged into the nightmare of 40 years of Communism.
The Plan; With fully committed groups of Tanks halftracks Armored cars, Jeeps and support vehicles we will assemble near the German Border. As the 4th Armored we will follow their routes through the mountain passes leading to the central highlands of the beautiful Czech Republic. Much of the area hasn't changed at all since before WWII and the landscape is breathtaking. Against German opposition we well continue into the interior until we reach the area aroung Pilzen where we will change to the 16th Armored Division for the move into Pilzen re-creating the liberation. On our final day we will lead the parade for the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Pilzen before and estimated 200,000 spectators, veterans and dignitaries. Like I said a monumental event.
The requirements: All personnel will be required to wear the prescribed uniform and be of the correct weight and appearance of a WWII GI to be considered. You will be required to submit photos in uniform to prove it as well. The uniform will be the late war gear '43 jackets and buckle boots. The cost of the trip is 450 Euros which includes meals and transport. You will be required to provide your own flight as well as any hotel and expenses before and after the trip.
The procedure: At this point I want to know if you are interested in learning further information as it appears. If you want to know more, please reply ASAP and I'll add you to our mailing list. Once you are on the list I will send you all the information as it becomes available including the applications and the uniform regulations.
If any of your friends may be interested, feel free to forward this E-mail. Those of you who have been on one of these trips before know this is like nothing else in the world. For those who missed the hugely successful 2014 trip, here's your chance. This event will change forever the way you look at WWII.
Tom Bowers
US Coordinator
Operation Czech Fury 2015
South Carolina
864-224-6046

[email protected]

Guess I'll have to ramp up production on the M43s!!!

4thamd.JPG

YOU BET! and keep with the raincoats the Czech Republic is very damp that time of year

• 3 weeks later...

Tom, please inform your members that I will be ordering some buckle boots in the next week or so. If they want a pair for the January delivery they should contact me right away.

• 2 months later...

We have got confirmed these vehicles:
2 x M4 Sherman tank (plus others joining for Pilsen)
2 x M24 Chaffee

4 x M5 Stuart
7 x M8 Armored car
7 x Half Tracks (and we’re still after 3 more)
24 x jeeps
10 x Harleys
5 X GMCs including Field Kitchen
2x Dodge
+ about 200 top class reenactors

As for german units, their strength and is not disclosed still. We need to rely on intelligence in theater of operation

• 3 weeks later...
audacia cum prudentia

WOW... :blink:

Another event I'd love to attend but won't be able to.

Well time and opportunity waits for no man Lee. I'd say to all : "These things aren't going to be there forever"

• 2 weeks later...

Czech Fury the most epic WWII event ever is still recruiting but time is running out. Starts April 23 in the Czech Republic. 4th Armored and 16th Armored divisions. Shermans, Stuarts and Chaffees the greatest thing ever. Check out "The Czech Fury" FB page or Contact me for more information.

Tom Bowers

Well time and opportunity waits for no man Lee.

Yeah, but the opportunity has to exist. My employer has frozen ALL requests for time off during this timeframe due to reasons that really aren't relevant here. It's very difficult to take time off for anything where I work and I've been here way too long to quit and start over somewhere else as I wouldn't be able to afford anything then. Classic catch 22; I have the money to go, but can't get the time off.

Same deal with D-Day last year, couldn't get time off for that, nor for that convoy event afterward...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
memphis_belle

Hi!

If your girlfriends or wives are coming with you to the Czech Republic for the anniversary, please don't forget to let them know about our event for women reenactors!

On the occasion of this exceptional event, we would like to commemorate the contribution of women - American Army Nurses - to the war effort. They bravely followed Patton's Third Army during its rally through Europe. After the liberation of Pilsen, two American hospitals were established in the outskirts of the city: 45th Field Hospital and 109th Evacuation Hospital. 67th Evacuation Hospital operated about 40 miles away, in the town of Marienbad (today: Mariánské Lázně). Nurses attached to these medical units bravely endured the hardships of field life while caring for wounded and sick soldiers, prisoners of war, civilians and prisoners liberated from the encountered concentration camps.

To honor the memory of those brave women, we decided to organize an international meeting of female re-enactors in Pilsen. We plan to take part in the official parade through the streets of Pilsen (Convoy of Liberty), lay a wreath at the "Thank you, America!" Monument and present our uniforms during a vintage fashion show. It will be a great opportunity to make new friends and share experiences. The whole meeting will be captured by our photographer.

ANC and WAC re-enactors are welcome.

If you have any questions regarding the anniversary, accomodation, parade, just ask me.

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/887597884624677/

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
hbtcoveralls
just back from the Czech Fury event. Many photos and albums are coming out most posted on FB and some on the photo sharing sites. The official video will take a while to be edited. Here are a few video links that show the scope of the event
Action in the square in Pilzen

video from the L-4 over the battle at Kaspersky Hory
https://www.facebook.com/AirSmolik/vide ... =2&theater
small album by a local of the two recon platoons paying a call at Vimperk. We also laid a wreath at the plaque commemorating their liberation while the tanks and the Armored Infantry were fighting it out about 10 miles away
http://zakrasnejsivimperk.cz/?p=17221
Photo gallery of the battle in Kaspersky Hory from the crowd
http://klatovsky.denik.cz/galerie/oslav ... zhuri.html
Video of the camp and battle in Kvilda

FB video by Rob Grover that shows the entire column on the road with the exception of one Stuart (banned from the roads due to worn tracks but used wherever possible) one Jeep that Rob's driving and the Kitchen trucks that rode on ahead
https://www.facebook.com/robert.grover. ... =2&theater
Many more photos on Facebook and since these are just the first ones out there they may not be the best. We had a blast. it really was the "ultimate event" Only the 2nd Armored in Europe can do events like this
Tom Bowers

willysmb44

WOW... :blink:

I knew I was missing something amazing, but seeing this just kills me, knowing that I never had a chance to get there...

hbtcoveralls

Video of the beginning of the CZ Fury group inthe Pilsen parade (we lead off) showing the Armored infantry and the start of my Recon platoon. We switched from Combat to dress uniforms for this important formal parade.

Tom Bowers

hbtcoveralls

teaser by filmaker Ed Britton for the long version yet to come. All Shot during the Czech fury event on location in Cz republic

Tom Bowers