It happened agin........

Pmuranyi

HI all! Well just about an hour ago, it happened again. I was building a Jagdtiger for a new dio. It was knocked out on side of the road with Shermans passing by looking at the kill. Full Interior for the tiger and full engine. I used the Verlinden Interior. Near impossible kit. The hardest I ever had to face. It took two months of labor intensive work to make it work and BARELY got it. I was just about to glue the top hull and bottom hull when it rocketed from my hands and splattered itself all over the wall and floor. No salvation. Just destroyed. It was shocking to say the least.

Now my point. I already have a back up Jagd so I can rebuild. But I aint going to try the interior again. Once was enough. What do you do when a project goes south? I have a habit to buy it again and try again but I feel just rotten when this happens. Almost nothing gets me a cheesed off as ruining a model project.

Do you stop and drop kick a trash can across the yard? Do you hide in the bathroom till a loved finally gets you out after a few hours? Do you go buy it again? Think about selling your collection? Start building chicken coups? Get in the car and try to jump the local kmart?

For me I will admit this is a rather a big mess up. The interior was cursed from the begining but I was about to hit the home stretch and BOOM there goes the project.

So curious, how do you handle whoopies?

Butter fingers

Paul

Oh yeah I hear ya! This time it cracked the gun and broke most of the ready racks which were very hard to put together. The resin chip a lot so no hope of putting back together. So this time out the parts box got filled. The interior has been discontinued for a while now so I have to see if anyone will come up with a better design.

Keep on trucking I guess. Or is it tanking?

P

What a pity! I'm with patchcollector as well. Any chance to use the remains for another project? I remember a friend doing his first trials modeling "water" with a gloss medium flooding a sinking landing craft in an assault scene... It was a desaster, the water looked horrendous. To save at least the landing craft, he changed the setting, covered the water with sand and added some tourists inspecting a battlefield relic...

P.S.: Since the Jagdtiger was part of a Sherman dio it would be okay to post some pictures here.

The kit is already been pulled apart and put into parts box so I'm to late for photos. I took what I could from the kit and will use parts for debris for other dio in the future. The good news is that the Sherman M1A1 76mm is looking good. I think Ill replace the jagd with a hetzer with just engine compartment. I was surprised at how the model hit ground and exploded. The kit was heavy from all the resin and PE sets involved. I think that was the main reason for the grenade effect of said model. Bummer. All that time and money gone in two seconds. Im still in a funky mood but already planning out a replacement scenario.

If anyone has a lead for replacemnt interior let me know. I would like to take another try at it.

Paul

• 1 month later...

IF I don't loose my temper and smash the belligerent little SOB, I'll set it aside until I have the patience to take on the project again; sometimes weeks, sometimes years. : )

good luck with the Jagd.