Just bought this set. The coat has the stand and fall collar, bellows pockets, pointed cuffs, etc. It was made on my B-Day, Aug 7th in 1911 which is cool. I'm not sure why it has 4 collar discs but all 4 holes are sewn. I don't know if all the discs are real or not. The cotton breeches that came with this are so mint it was like they were made yesterday, and I was wondering if they were? I mean there is not a mark on them. The belt is anchor brand. Then the leg wraps that came with it are very different..They are some kind of thin cotton, almost like bandages sewn together lengthwise. I don't know about them. They look like they were used a little though.

post-137-1214676672.jpg

post-137-1214676683.jpg

post-137-1214676697.jpg

The coat is right as rain -- these were adopted in 1910 or so, and soon were superseded by the straight standing collar "WW1" style with flat patch pockets.

The collar discs are correct in style, though mismatched

I think the breeches are a bit later -- the earlier ones matching the coat will have an adjustmemnt strap in the bacl and the laces up the fron to the legs, not the side.

The correct leggins should be either canvas with a strap that wraps around, or a simple tapered lace up type without a strap under the arch.

G

Yup- that is the CORECT M1910 coat with four collar ornaments. They did away with two of them for the very simple reason it was cheaper. Good fine!

Awesome. Sorry for the wrong ID, not sure why I was thinking it was a 1902. I'm not really up on my early coat/tunic models yet.

That's a really neat cigarette add to! Sure looks like this model coat.

-Matt.

MAtt, it is not really wrong, I guess, to refer to this as an M1902 since it is of that era between the SAW and WW1. The 1902 datre here usually refers to the evolutionaly series of uniforms adopted before the 1911 high collar style. Specifications for trhe cotton coat changed in 1903, 1904, 1906 (twice) 1909 and 1901 -- your is the last of the bunch. The '09 and '10 were od cotton, the others were khaki.

Similar changes were made in the wool uniforms.

See http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=3874 for further details.

G