Almost finished my ach

Yea I figured it out after studying a thread on the multicam covers on here. Came from a box of used covers in a surplus store. Only one patched and probably why it was surplus. Owner let me have it and the helmet for 50 bucks so I'm happy. It looks good and I'm just doing a display since it wasn't a complete helmet brought back. Probably a Cav Store cover since there is a Cav Store in Clarksville. If I find a patched issue multicam cover Ill swap it out or remove the patches off of this cover and put them on issue cover.

Thanks

Michael

Michael Hale

Former Airman VAW112

• 2 weeks later...

The way your helmet is put together (MC helmet with ACU suspension and rabbit ears) really looks like a lot of helmets did for guys going to A-Stan soon after MC began being issued. The one thing I'd suggest is try to find one of the new tan rhino mounts or at least one that's been painted tan. Even if you cannot it still looks great- had some of my soldiers buy new commercial covers of they lost their issued one for whatever reason.

Kyle

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Thanks Kyle. I'll look for one and change it out. This cover has very light use. It's commercial cover. I'll take it off and post a picture of the tag. I got it at surplus store that sells surplus turn ins not brand new stuff like the Cav Store so I feel someone in that unit bought it put patches on it then turned it in when he left. Last week I was at that store again and bought a issue multicam cover but it wasn't patched.

I like these helmets and want to display a few. I been looking at a few surplus stores in the area. Also got a neat 4th ID cover off a forum member since I don't think I'll find one here. Now I need to find a helmet to put it on and find more complete helmets. Lol

Thanks

Michael

Michael Hale

Former Airman VAW112