My New D-Day Mannequin.

I had been focused on US World War One uniforms and equipment for the past year or so, but a month ago I started to get a taste for US ww2. I usually switch gears once every year or so, but us ww2 is a field I have had no part in. So after spending a small fortune on reference books and combing through this forum I was able to piece this mannequin together. Original from helmet to service shoes. Just waiting on a sling for the garand to hang off his soldier. The only thing I'm not in love with is the bandage pouch. You can tell it looks late war due to the od shade, and sticks out like a sore thumb. I'll have to find a replacement. Let me know what you think.

post-140032-0-82854600-1413031343.jpgpost-140032-0-50652600-1413031360.jpgpost-140032-0-52082700-1413031985.jpg

Hi

That looks good to me.

I love the look with mustard trousers and gators... Iconic GI look...

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

a virtual museum at theoverlordcollection.co.uk

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Hello Lancer,your display looks great, if the dressing pouch really bugs you, I have one that would "blend in" better,it is "saltier" ,if you would want to trade,let me know,Thanks for helping me in the preservation of our WW2 history,Best Regards, Jeff

Looks good. Is it possible to get bigger pics as to see the details? What mannequin did you use? This model looks a lil' familiar...

Two quick thoughts -- maybe put a net on his cover and give 'em an gas brassard?

I'd also like to see what he's got goin' on on his back. ;)

Nice lookin' display.

As long as the pouch is pre-1944 you should keep it.

Crapgame: His name is Kelly. Used to be a Lieutenant, pretty good one too-

until someone gave him orders to attack the wrong hill. Wiped out half a company of GI's...

Somebody had to get the blame so he got picked....

Oddball (Laughing): Oh man, I don't like officers...

Crapgame (Laughing): Neither does he, so relax!

I do need a gas brassard. Are there any originals left? Or do you guys usually use repros? I also have had a hard time finding original helmet nets and don't really know how to tell the difference yet.. Here's a view of the back.. I have to shove some bubble wrap or something in the haversack, and still need to invest in a good bayonet..

post-140032-0-11275300-1413075687.jpg

I do need a gas brassard. Are there any originals left? Or do you guys usually use repros? I also have had a hard time finding original helmet nets and don't really know how to tell the difference yet.. Here's a view of the back.. I have to shove some bubble wrap or something in the haversack, and still need to invest in a good bayonet..

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi

It is possible to find originals, perhaps no so in the US. In europe they range from $150-$500 depending on the condition.

My personal prefrence is save your money and buy an original.

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

a virtual museum at theoverlordcollection.co.uk

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Lancer

Looking good.

You can roll or fold a US issue blanket as well in the pack to fill it out.

The real gas brassards are hard to source and can run over a couple hundred dollars..Reproductions can be found for around $10 or so and fill the gap nicely.I bought a couple a few years ago.

I may have a spare pouch or two for the dirst aid kit.PM me if intrested

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..