Your opinion on these Bombadier Wings, plz

Sarge8

This set of wings came with some other items I purchased. Do you think they are legit WW2 period? Apparently they were clutch back, and then "repaired" and made into pin back. They look like the top set on pg. 95 of "Silver Wings, Pinks and Greens" to my untrained eyes.

Also any guess as to value?

Thanks, Frank

post-52851-0-07401500-1412877599.jpg

post-52851-0-39176100-1412877607.jpg

we have a thread to be used for ID/legitimacy:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/196253-is-this-wing-good-post-you-advice-requests-here/

also try the "what's it worth" section for value.

if they were made into pinback they could be post-ww2 clutchback with the long posts made to look WW2..though no great way to tell.

are you sure they were replaced? I can't see anything in your pic.

-Brian

I would say these are classic WWII vintage wings. I have a few in groupings from guys who only served during WWII--by 1947 or so, they were obsolete.

As for worth, I tend to see things on the low side--and these aren't that rare-- but would think that an average value in the 50-75$ range. Many dealers would likely ask more than that (maybe in the $100 range), but they would be hard put to sell them, I think. The "repair" doesn't help the value, but I actually like wings with wear and tear (and old repairs).

They are what they are, a nice, used, but relatively common WWII vintage wing.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses and help with pics. I've been wicked busy lately so have not been on here for a few days.

Frank