Flash and Ovals ID's

36-tex

Has anyone ever determined which AIRBORNE tab was worn by the 4th Squadron/2nd Armored Cavaly Regt. when they were assigned to the 18th Airborne Corps?

• 2 weeks later...

Just guessing here but since the Airborne tab is not authorized to be worn with the 2nd ACR SSI I would say none for the full color patch worn on dress greens. However, for display purposes I would say yellow-gold & black would be the one to go over the SSI. I am also fairly certain that there were individuals who wore the tab above the patch on their fatigues and this of course would have been the standard subdued version. Maybe desert subdued versions also exist.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen that listed as D Co 75th Ranger and as F Co 51st LRRP. Either one would be correct for the II Field Force Patch.

I would like to know which one it is also.

I have seen that listed as D Co 75th Ranger and as F Co 51st LRRP. Either one would be correct for the II Field Force Patch.

I would like to know which one it is also.

Roger.

Here.s a image I found of it.

s-l300.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Could it be he is wearing it upside down?

Which would be Co F. (Ranger) 51st Infantry II Field Force Red /Yellow Top Blue bottom and Dark Blue Centre

Scott Hughes complete Guide to Flash & Ovals identify's 2nd Field Force.

Geoff Barker US Airborne SOF identify's Co F. (Ranger) 51st Infantry II Field Force.

Both listing as the pocket Hanger shows II Field Force.

Not sure of your one patches. Colors wrong way.

Phill

post-7582-0-52634500-1546843464.jpg

correct GD6

that is how the reference material has the oval.

and also lj militaria has it displayed , maybe all 3 reference 's are wrong?

Phill

post-7582-0-80629600-1546886788_thumb.jpg

Roger.

Here.s a image I found of it.

s-l300.jpg

Just noting that the one being worn is patently different from the one above and the one posted by Phil. note the one being worn has it's bottom (or top) border as Yellow, the one posted by Phil, Blue.

• 6 months later...

Folks,

I have this oval listed as the Quartermaster Rigger. Can anyone confirm this and, if so, which version it is?

Thanks,

Wiley Winter

post-1678-0-24080900-1563223339_thumb.jpg

So far I,m seeing this one as one for the old 71st/36th Airborne Brigade (Separate) Texas National Guard, I guess the Brigade HHC. Others will of course look in and give more insight.

• 2 months later...

75th Ranger Regiment 3rd Battalion

(black border and white border)

The ovals with the tick marks, were they used with the old flashes or just with the new ones?

Thanks,

Wiley

• 1 month later...

THIS IS A QUESTION

HOW DO I SUBMIT PIC'S OF INSIGNIA ??

HOW DO I CREATE A PROFILE.

THANKS AHR

Welcome to the Forum AHR, so, you want to post a photo or photos of Ovals?

• 1 month later...

The attached clip is from a mock up sheet for my 187th Pathfinder display. Has anyone ever seen physical examples of the highlighted items?

post-28488-0-85957100-1577021386_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Question regarding this oval.  It looks like 11th AB Infantry Regiment, but the base cloth, and therefore center, is black and not blue.  So, what is it?  Thank You!

Abn Oval.jpg

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, doughboy said:

Does someone of you knows what crest goes with these new beret flashes.

346th QM Co..PNG

767th Ordnance Flash.PNG

56th QM.PNG

3 hours ago, doughboy said:

Sorry, forgot to mention the unit - from top -- 346th QM Co. - 767th Ordnance Co. - 56th QM Det.

I think the 346th QM Company wear their brigade DUI, which is the 518th Sustainment Brigade: https://tioh.army.mil/Catalog/Heraldry.aspx?HeraldryId=11901&CategoryId=7125&grp=2&menu=Uniformed Services&ps=24&p=0

I think the 767th Ordnance Company wear their battalion DUI, which is the 192nd Ordinance Battalion: https://tioh.army.mil/Catalog/HeraldryMulti.aspx?CategoryId=4015&grp=2&menu=Uniformed Services

The 56th Quartermaster Detachment appears to be a direct reporting unit to the Rhode Island National Guard. If true, I think they would wear their Army element headquarters DUI: https://tioh.army.mil/Catalog/Heraldry.aspx?HeraldryId=12460&CategoryId=7494&grp=2&menu=Uniformed Services&ps=24&p=0

Looks like the 56th Quartermaster Detachment--also known as the 56th Quartermaster Rigger Support Team--is a direct reporting unit to the 56th Troop Command and since they do not have a DUI of their own, they wear the Rhode Island Army National Guard Joint Force DUI, as I previously stated.

- Reference: http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-us-army-56-troop-command-flash-and-oval-18911.aspx

Thank you very much McChizzle for the great info and thanks a lot again for the links - also an interesting reference. You really helped me.