88th ID Scrapbook

ww2vault

Hi,

This just came in the mail yesterday. The scrapbook is from Henry W. Wysocki and he served in North Africa and Italy. The majority of the photos are from Italy, and a fair share were taken in Cassino. It's interesting to note that some of the photos depict some guys wearing the North Africa SSI.

I found a Henry W. Wysocki on the SSDI site, not positive if it is him or not though since I don't know his birth date. It might be though since he died in Dearborn, MI. Thats where the album came from.

Name: Henry W Wysocki

Birth Date: 03 December 1914

Death Date: 02 December 2006

Issuing State: Michigan

Residence at Death: Dearborn Heights, Michigan 48127

SSN: 378-05-6636

I tried looking on NARA and WWII Memorial for any records of him but found none. Do you still have that Ancestry.com membership Forum Support? :)

Photo 1: Employees of the Cook Coffee Company. (Henrys name is the fourth down in the middle.)

Photo 2: What I think is a large picture of Henry, not sure if it is him or not.

- Jeff

post-1090-1214604957.jpg

post-1090-1214605405.jpg

Photo 1: Henry's Training Certificate.

Photo 2: Various photos from Italy, of course one with the Leaning Tower. :)

- Jeff

post-1090-1214605862.jpg

post-1090-1214605886.jpg

Photo 1: Some pictures of American graves in Naples, Italy.

Photo 2: Some pictures from the towns of Naples and Pogguoli(?). One photo captioned, "The Railroad Station building in Poggulio" is interesting because some one graffitied some thing in Italian with a sickle and hammer. Anyone of our Italian members care to translate? :) (Close-up of the photo is in next post.)

- Jeff

post-1090-1214607052.jpg

post-1090-1214607077.jpg

Photo 1: Close-up on the railroad station wall.

Photo 2: Photos of ruins in Cassino.

- Jeff

post-1090-1214607959.jpg

post-1090-1214608009.jpg

Photo 1: Photos Henry took when they reached Roma.

Photo 2: A bunch of pictures of a bombed out Cassino, Italy.

- Jeff

post-1090-1214613848.jpg

post-1090-1214619296.jpg

Photo 1: More photos of Cassino. Not sure who the guy in the middle is, it isn't Henry. The bottom left photo is interesting. It's captioned on the back, "Cassino: 10-1-44 Note the warning signs. Mines." It has a group of Italian kids standing in front of a minefield. I think they better just let the baseball go.... ;)

Photo 2: Some more photos of Pogguoli. Some of them have Henry in them, such as the top right one.

- Jeff

post-1090-1214619903.jpg

post-1090-1214619965.jpg

great Score! I just love these scrap books! Loads of stuf and one can spend many hours going thru it all! thanks for sharing

mike

on another note, I just snagged a good sized negative grouping from a soldier in the 88th. Cant wait till I get them in the mail and see what I have. Maybe there may be some cross over in the pics.

Mike

Photo 2: Some pictures from the towns of Naples and Pogguoli(?). One photo captioned, "The Railroad Station building in Poggulio" is interesting because some one graffitied some thing in Italian with a sickle and hammer. Anyone of our Italian members care to translate? (Close-up of the photo is in next post.)

W le forze alleate

W the ally forces......