Screw back jump wings?

Airborne1945

Wow, first time for me too. Interesting, any more info on why some were made with a single or double screw posts?

Also found this lively talk on the single screw post Weyhing wings from last year, see page 3 and 4, should of did a forum search first eh? post-34986-0-74379700-1412529102.gif

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/72153-ww2-jump-wings-maker-rarity-ratings/page-4

I remember there being some discussion about the age of the Weyhing wing. I have always believed that mine was a WWII/KW vintage wing.

Frankly, I believe that up to the Korean War, period (early 1950's) there really isn't a good way to differentiate insignia as likely they were still using old stock left over from WWII (those wings are almost always pin back and usually sterling (but not always)). My sense is that sometime during the late 1950's and later, as the Cold War and then Vietnam started heating up, the jump wing insignia that were produced are almost always clutch back and have the alpha-numeric hallmark system.

The same screw back wing I posted above is also pictured in the PINNED - WWII JUMP WINGS AND OVALS under Post #16. It is supposedly an attributed piece on a 505th PIR oval from a 517th PIR veteran.