Question about Navy and Marine Corps Medal Official Engraving

jmar

Hello to everyone!

I hope you are all doing well, I've been hit and miss here lately, but do sneak in for a grateful peek at the wonderful posts!

This question has probably been asked before but I was wondering about the time frame on OFFICIAL engraving (posthumous) of the Navy and Marine Corps Medal. Were they issued through the end of the war engraved or were they typical of only earlier awards?

I've only seen the single example in "The Call of Duty", so if some kind member could share the time frame info and even some pics I (and probably other members) would love to see them.

Thank you all for making this such a great place.

Best wishes!

Joe

Here is one I saw a few years back that was in official format. It looks just like posthumous Air Medal engraving.

Navy Marine Corps Medal.jpg

AWARDS AND CITATIONS

Navy and Marine Corps Medal

See more recipients of this award

Awarded for actions during the World War II

The President of the United States of America takes pride in presenting the Navy and Marine Corps Medal (Posthumously) to Lieutenant Newell P. Wyman, United States Naval Reserve, for heroic conduct adrift with his crew in the northwest Pacific after his plane crashed on 13 April 1944. Lieutenant Wyman sighted a plane about to land nearby. Realizing that it probably would be wrecked in the high seas, he warned the plane by wave-off signals not to attempt a rescue. He voluntarily relinquished his chance for immediate safety and perished later from exposure before the raft was recovered by surface vessels.

General Orders: Bureau of Naval Personnel Information Bulletin No. 330 (September 1944)

Action Date: April 13, 1944

Service: Navy

Hi Kurt!

Thank you!! The date shows they went well into the war with these engraved in such a format. If anyone has a later date please let me know!

Thank you again,

Joe