MEYER METAL NAVY

Costa

I think you paid too much for it but it's a nice wing.

Costa... are you the one running up prices on all this stuff?

-Brian

I think it's a great looking wing and really tough to find. Probably won't win any friends with this comment but with the price it's worth whatever someone wants to pay.There were 4 bidders over $225 so what's another $50? I've been collecting and buying high end watches for years now and If someone complains about an asking price for something rare I tell them try and find another let alone finding one cheaper. if they decide to wait and call back after a few days its usually already sold. In my opinion this Meyer metal prewar wing Is a case like that so who Is to say whats too expensive If someone really wants it especially for $50 more? it's a beauty good job Costa and please post up some better pics when you get It in hand.

I look at things this way---- 5 years ago I almost dropped dead from a heart attack. all my life I worked at manual jobs even though they paid very well I took a lot of crap and gave a lot of sweat. I am now retired and I will not stop living. I have learned that when you count pennies later it cost you dollars. in the past I let many an item go because I didn't want to part with the money only never to see nother come along or if it did the cost was higher. everything goes up in time so a few bucks here and there wont kill me. money is a commodity you can always get it--- the item isn't. live it up guys--- the way things are going you may not have the chance later. enjoy yourselves!

All heart-felt responses! Costa, it sounds like you deserve the pleasure of adding this nice Aviator badge to your collection regardless of the money involved...

Patchcollector

the price it's worth whatever someone wants to pay.

My sentiments exactly

BTW,nice Wing!I bid on this one too.

I think it is a great wing.

As for the price, you would most likely never see it go for that cheap at a show or from a dealer.

I don't think the price is that bad and it is a nice pre WWII Aviator wing badge.

Best, John

I look at things this way---- 5 years ago I almost dropped dead from a heart attack. all my life I worked at manual jobs even though they paid very well I took a lot of crap and gave a lot of sweat. I am now retired and I will not stop living. I have learned that when you count pennies later it cost you dollars. in the past I let many an item go because I didn't want to part with the money only never to see nother come along or if it did the cost was higher. everything goes up in time so a few bucks here and there wont kill me. money is a commodity you can always get it--- the item isn't. live it up guys--- the way things are going you may not have the chance later. enjoy yourselves!

Mr. Costa

That is a beautiful wing, and stellar advice. (Applause.)

J