Fantastic Relics: 509th PIB "Gingerbread" Helmets

gingerbread

jkash23686

This is an amazing story and amazing helmets. Those are my dream helmets I hope to one day find one and have a gingerbread man of my own.

You might have explained this in the past but what was your technique in cleaning these beauties? Thanks for any tips you can pass along.

• 2 months later...

How lucky can you get...

I wonder if there are any barns left that haven't been checked out yet :lol:

Must be heaven to watch those baby's coming out of there box.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I realize I'm coming to this thread pretty late, but I had to chime in with the chorus - those are absolutely gorgeous! :w00t: I wonder if the barn had been used as an aid station since you found a few stacked together and one of them is known KIA. Just a thought.

Anyway, I saw this helmet at the Baugnez 44 museum and thought I'd add it to the thread. I think the medical tape on the rear is even more interesting now given these other examples.

-Lee

post-69474-1332044555.jpg

post-69474-1332044570.jpg

• 4 years later...

Barn finds seem to be a holy grail for all collector's. Its either an old Hemi from a kid who died in Vietnam to French barns that were QM storage depots.

• 2 months later...

Admin Notice: This thread is a excellent example as to why we don't allow outside photo hosting links any longer. When the poster removes the photo's from their host... we get a useless thread like this one. Point your friends to this thread next time they call the administration of the USMF photo nazi's and bullies for holding the line on this subject.

doinworkinvans

So my back door method didnt work either....I have sent a message to the OP in hopes they still have the pictures to add.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...