KCOMZ TYPE 1 SSI

flashesandovals

One "U.S." made KCOMZ is seen in that Barry Stein book, it's fully embroidered, but I strongly suspect it is a total repro. Like wise a few can be seen on E-Bay that are machine embroidered on Felt, suspect these are repro too, bet the felt is modern poly based.

flashesandovals

Looks like it is the same manufacture as mine.

I got mine in a small insignia lot on eBay not too long ago.

The title nor the description mentioned the KCOMZ patch, so I assume the seller didn't know what he had.

For the ignorant among us (such as myself), what does KCOMZ stand for?

Korean Communication Zone, this unit fullfilled the same kind of duties as the WWII era ETO Advance Base, and the Pacific Ocean Areas.

post-34986-0-19451600-1412368765.jpgpost-34986-0-51583000-1412368776.jpg

Sold here on the forum several years ago a variation hardly encountered for three or four hundred bucks. The only differences was that it had an integral "KOREA" rocker under the patch itself. It was an early Korean hand made patch with bullion details throughout. It was wider than the bullion example posted above and it was on a piece light green silk material rather than the dark green wool. I'll see if I still have an image of and post it.

Patches the patch looks real in your link.Scotty

Roger, thought it looked good, there are others though as mentioned floating around on E-Bay and elsewhere that look repro for sure.

I got one for what it's worth, sewn on a HBT M43, Green Wool, hand sewn with what I think is White Cord or maybe thick thread, got a White HBT name tape over the left pocket, name of BERLIN, maybe he was related to Irving Berlin, nah :D also got the 1951 OD on Blue Twill PFC stripes.

• 3 weeks later...

As promised. A really neat and rare variation of the first type KCOMZ patch. Never seen another. A few other KCOMZ patches. The jacket piece is a really neat one that I acquired recently. This might had been one of those "grasshopper" pilots or observers boys that had their jacket painted up by one of the many Korean artisans down in Pusan.

By the way this jacket piece will be listed in the "For Sale" section of the forum this Saturday.

Aloha,

John

post-1384-0-31440200-1414036391.jpg

post-1384-0-93525400-1414036405.jpg

post-1384-0-95809700-1414036422.jpg

post-1384-0-89832500-1414036698.jpg

• 7 years later...

A good as place than any to post this, an IKE with the 2nd Pattern KCOMZ with a 2nd Logistical Command Combat patch, both Theater Made.

USU-034-4.jpg.9f215179bbc4df0d80a54f6569243253.jpg

USU-034-6.jpgUSU-034-8.jpg