B-52 Calamity Jane @ Battleship Memorial Park

Owen

Good morning,

I am pleased to report the the B-52D displayed at Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile, AL

now has a fresh coat of paint. V/N era night camo looks great. She had been looking a bit

long in tooth.

• 1 month later...

I would love to see some pictures. I used to be an electrician on B-52, D & G models. I have always have a fond love/hate relationship with the old BUFF. This past spring myself and an old Air Force buddy that served with me at Barksdale visited the base. Kind of weird one of the B-52 we used to work was actually in the museum there. Sure did make us seem old.. lol..

RedStateRanger

Hi,

Just joined the forum and stumbled across your posting. I'm an old Buff navigator and actually flew that particular tail number at Carswell back in late 70's. Glad to hear she's still "in the air", even if only at 15' AGL! Still have the old D model dash-one and Nav checklists for old times sake.

Regards

RedStateRanger

Owen,

Unfortunately I have not uncovered any picts of 071 in my collection of Cold War B-52 gear and materials. I'm still checking my records to see if some picts might be 071 though the tail number isn't visible/legible in the pict. I've added a couple of B-52 picts here to show you the typical paint job for D models when I flew in the 70s/80s.

I'll also post some of my Cold War grouping in case someone may be interested.

Regards, RSRpost-155290-0-76241300-1419007410.jpgpost-155290-0-96077700-1419007715.jpg