Desert Storm Question

AndrewA74

Is LBE the belt? I'm glad I found that pack today. Otherwise, I would have been lost. :blink:

Thanks again.

Andrew

LBE = Load Bearing Equipment

We usually wore two ,( but I imagine it would depend on the misson , I have seen some guys with up to six , but you start runnig out of room for canteens then .

If you won't have an M16 ( Airsoft?) you can just pack the pouches with hunks of wood or newspaper to fill them out till you find the clips, ( you can't see the mags when they are shut ) but put something in them to fill them out.

Alot of us tied the mask carrier to our belts , and didn't put the straps around our legs , but it was against regs.

and don't forget the goggles.

John

That is a good idea. I may have to do that. I don't have airsoft guns, I prefer the real thing. :packin heat: . Anway, I did get a pair of SWD goggles today for free. So that was good. Did y'all carry sleeping bags and mess kits? And, where would they go? Thanks.

Andrew

Hey,

Dressed again today and took pics. Belt and suspenders are on the way. I still couldn't get the darned gas mask to attach without looking like a dutz. Anyways....here we go......

Andrew

;)

post-889-1214937604.jpg

post-889-1214937665.jpg

A number of units, e.g. V Corps, used the normal BDU. Didn't get the desert uniforms until getting ready to go home.

Dont use any of the tan LBE items, all that stuff was made too late to get there before the war, use the OD items.

Dont use any of the tan LBE items, all that stuff was made too late to get there before the war, use the OD items.

I didn't have any tan LBE items (did I?) and won't. Thanks.

Andrew

Bob Hudson
I didn't have any tan LBE items (did I?) and won't. Thanks.

Andrew

I have to say that I never see tan LBE items except for some private purchase stuff (I live next to Camp Pendleton, so LBE stuff is at seemingly very thrift store and swap meet).

looks good so far , look for a regular issue brown T shirt , to wear over your face.

Thanks for the advice. Did they get the brown t-Shirts in Desert Storm?

Andrew

Thanks for the advice. Did they get the brown t-Shirts in Desert Storm?

Andrew

Andrew,

The brown t-shirts were worn by everyone in the Army from the 1980s on. I believe they were introduced with the BDU, but that is just a guess on my part. There was also a wind and dust rag, the same color as the t-shirt that we were issued.

By the way, are you doing a generic impression or will you focus on one division?

Andrew,

The brown t-shirts were worn by everyone in the Army from the 1980s on. I believe they were introduced with the BDU, but that is just a guess on my part. There was also a wind and dust rag, the same color as the t-shirt that we were issued.

By the way, are you doing a generic impression or will you focus on one division?

I am doing a specific impression of someone that was one of the first guys in. The patch on the shirt is US Army Engineers. Got a pic of those rags? I found 2 tan rags, they might be those rags? Thanks.

Andrew

I have to say that I never see tan LBE items except for some private purchase stuff (I live next to Camp Pendleton, so LBE stuff is at seemingly very thrift store and swap meet).

There were some issue tan LBE items in the system, when I went to Saudi in 1994 I was issued a tan belt and suspenders. Not sure how much of it was bought by the govt.

msgt norway

i can show you my 1990-91 gear today or saturday if you like?

i also have the nigth desert sett if you want to see?

cheers from ken

i can show you my 1990-91 gear today or saturday if you like?

i also have the nigth desert sett if you want to see?

cheers from ken

Ken,

By all means, please show! Thanks.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I think the PASGT vest you show is just the cover. The vest itself does not have removeable plates and comes in Woodland camo. If you like I can post some pics of my vest (with desert cover). If I'm not mistaken these vests were recently phased out, so now might be the time to get one for a decent price.

Greetz ;)

David

Hi Andrew,

I think the PASGT vest you show is just the cover. The vest itself does not have removeable plates and comes in Woodland camo. If you like I can post some pics of my vest (with desert cover). If I'm not mistaken these vests were recently phased out, so now might be the time to get one for a decent price.

Greetz ;)

David

What do you mean the cover? Yes, please show pics. I want to be as accurate as possible. Thanks.

Andrew

msgt norway

yes finaly!

here are a few pictures of some of my gear,have just made this pictures in a hurry

so theyre not the best :rolleyes:

desert1.jpg

desert2.jpg

desert3.jpg

here are som usmc shots,chow time but stil alert!

desert4.jpg

desert5.jpg

greatings from ken

msgt norway

here is the nigth deser parka with trousers,got a gas alert to lol.gif

desert6.jpg

desert7.jpg

hope you like them and keep up your cool collection,we are not many

that collect gear from the 1980s and 1990s

cheers from ken in norway

msgt norway

before anyone complain: i can see that i have a us army stripe when

wearing the usmc cover emba0005.gif

ken

Hey,

Looks good! I love the night camo but it is HARD to find. I'm glad you enjoy your MRE.... w00t.gif .

Andrew

Oh yeah, I'd like to get my hands on a boonie cap or field cap with that desert storm camo, but it is hard to find near me.

What do you mean the cover? Yes, please show pics. I want to be as accurate as possible. Thanks.

Andrew

The PASGT vest itself is a heavy, inflexible bodywarmer. It is an integrated unit and doesn't have removeable armour plates. The outer material is printed in Woodland camo, but desert camo covers were made to be put over the vest itself. I think you have such a cover. Here are some pics of a complete unit. They are a bit blurry but you'll see what I'm referring to:

pasgtvest001nq0.th.jpg pasgtvest002ko3.th.jpg newstuff001ze8.th.jpg

Here are some pics of the lables of both vest and cover:

newstuff005wh5.th.jpg newstuff006zn6.th.jpg

As you see a size Small/Medium cover fits a size Large vest quite nicely.

Greetz ;)

David

The PASGT vest itself is a heavy, inflexible bodywarmer. It is an integrated unit and doesn't have removeable armour plates. The outer material is printed in Woodland camo, but desert camo covers were made to be put over the vest itself. I think you have such a cover. Here are some pics of a complete unit. They are a bit blurry but you'll see what I'm referring to:

pasgtvest001nq0.th.jpg pasgtvest002ko3.th.jpg newstuff001ze8.th.jpg

Here are some pics of the lables of both vest and cover:

newstuff005wh5.th.jpg newstuff006zn6.th.jpg

As you see a size Small/Medium cover fits a size Large vest quite nicely.

Greetz ;)

David

Thanks for the pics. I didn't know that that it was a 2 part item. One more thing to look for. Is that your's?

Andrew

msgt norway

the boonie cap s not so hard to find,i found mine in norway!!! and if you search on e bay

there will always be some for sale.

i forgot to take pictures of my boonie cap maybe next time.

btw if you have a spare alice pack cover in chocolate desert il trade you

for a pair of brand new nigth desert trousers size large regular.

and here is a picture of my flack jackets,the woodland ones are the ones you need inside

of your flack(pasgt) cover.

IMG_1196.jpg

cheers from ken