Old unknown USAF squadron patch F-94

Siamundo

I have always liked this patch but have never been able to identify it. I am pretty sure it is a US Air Force unit and possibly a maintenance unit from an F-94 squdron. Any ideas? Thanks!

post-2744-1214531974.jpg

Thank you Ski for the kind words. This patch actually came together with the other one you liked. I suppose with the pods or fuel tanks on the wing tips this could possibly be from an F-89 Scorpion unit as well.

Both are excellent examples of late 1950's- 1960's quality USAF insignia. Who says flying squadrons had all of the cool looking patches?

-Ski

• 5 years later...

Sure looks like a flying cresent wrench ... my vote would be for the maintenance unit / squadron Siamundo suggested.

Dale

Looking at the engine design, it could a F-80 or F-94B unit. Sure looks USAF. Another fantastic looking patch and no disrespect to the Asian made fans, but that is quality I have never seen from the far East.

firefighter

Anyway this could be for an F-104 maintenance unit? I only ask because of the white star maybe for 'STAR FIGHTER'? It also has the single engine like the patch.

f104.gif

Johnny Signor

The F-80/T-33 had a similar engine , possibly one of their maint units , try some of the Pilot trainings units of that era it could be one of their maint Sqd too ...........

firefighter

I think Johnny is on to something.The T-33 Shooting Star has a similar engine.So the star could be for that plane?

mb-51-09.jpg

I too love the older USAF patches, especially the 4-digit units. Back then from what I've been told by Vets, it was some wild and crazy times. The newly formed Air Force had Korea and the Cold War to deal with. The patch designs really speak to that.

I too love the older USAF patches, especially the 4-digit units. Back then from what I've been told by Vets, it was some wild and crazy times. The newly formed Air Force had Korea and the Cold War to deal with. The patch designs really speak to that.

How can you not? The Schiffli made patches are absolute classics. I go nuts over them too.

-Ski