My kick off regarding US militara

Jürg

Hi all

well this is my first posting regarding US militaria as I am mainly into german paratroops.

The first pics show a nices used US m1 helmet togehther with some ground dug relics found in the woods around Schumann Crossroad near Wiltz / Luxembourg.

post-260-1169974672.jpg

Next is my second main field of interest, The USMC during the Pacific campaign.

M1 with mint first pattern camo cover together with a nice USMC marked MKII K-Bar kinfe made by Camillus N.Y.

and a 5th US Marine Armpatch

post-260-1169974904.jpg

I really like the display of the cut edge patches as items unto themselves. Many collectors tend to loose sight that the shoulder sleeve insignia represented a man just as much as his helmet and gear. Lucky for us these are still readily available. Your display shelves are very well laid out. Nicely done!

Ken

Hallo Jürg

Da ist eine schönes Sammlung.

Nice collection to start off with. It must be hard to find German paratrooper items now even in Europe. Best thing about the ground dug relics is that they are defiantly original.

Jurg:

Great display. You have highlighted smaller items that most US collectors tend to keep in insignia alblums or relegated to a shelf out of sight. I tend to do that. So, your display has given me ideas to minimize and bring focus to those items. Thank you for sharing. Well done!

Best regards,

Sgt. Rock a.k.a. Ed

Jurg:

Great display. You have highlighted smaller items that most US collectors tend to keep in insignia alblums or relegated to a shelf out of sight. I tend to do that. So, your display has given me ideas to minimize and bring focus to those items. Thank you for sharing. Well done!

Best regards,

Sgt. Rock a.k.a. Ed

Thanks a lot guys

I will post some more as soon as I have taken some shots. I will also show you some other stuff. I always put a display with the slogan " less is more"

Jürg

Hi,

NICE star with representative items!! Congratulations!!

The USMC display is GREAT ... M1 Camo plus KBar .. and Iwo Jima unit patche!!! thumbsup.gif

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Here is the dislay belonging to a Iwo Jima Silver star group. It contains an original assault map of Iwo. The trooper got the the silver star for action on Iwo as well as a bronze star for actions on Tinian

post-260-1170103356.jpg

• 9 months later...

A very nice presentation! Less is More when presenting. Of course, most of us keep buying more and more and more and more stuff and have less and less and less and less space to put it all. :)

• 2 weeks later...