Blue Jackets patch

hardheaded

This is the third time I looked at this patch today, i have to say to me it does not resemble any US Navy Anchor i have ever seen.

I have not seen the sea creature wrapped (fouled?) around the anchor either, maybe British or Australian.

Yes, well aware of that 5 year period ehere very specific SSI were worn. This patch was not one of those. I believe it is some sort of civilian organization which for what ever reason has ended up on an old jumper. The OP has not posted enough other info such as other insignia on the jumper, tags, style of jumper (WW2, post war) to really determine what it is

• 1 year later...

Yes, well aware of that 5 year period ehere very specific SSI were worn. This patch was not one of those. I believe it is some sort of civilian organization which for what ever reason has ended up on an old jumper. The OP has not posted enough other info such as other insignia on the jumper, tags, style of jumper (WW2, post war) to really determine what it is

Better late than never, I hope. I got rid of this shortly after I posted it and today I got back the patches the guy stripped off of it. As far as I remember it was WW2. Didn't get to see the jumper.

post-108826-0-18618800-1448418023.jpg

post-108826-0-30384900-1448418089.jpg

post-108826-0-00772300-1448418101.jpg

Better late than never, I hope. I got rid of this shortly after I posted it and today I got back the patches the guy stripped off of it. As far as I remember it was WW2. Didn't get to see the jumper.

. The insignia shown is post 1948. At least a year after the USN abolished all SSI.

Could it be a local base thing, for the choir? On each base I've been on the base choir was always called the blue jackets. It's possible it was made for them, and someone at some time decided to put it on a uniform.

Just a thought, kinda grasping at a straw here.

Jon B.

Newaygo Mi

Could it be a local base thing, for the choir? On each base I've been on the base choir was always called the blue jackets. It's possible it was made for them, and someone at some time decided to put it on a uniform.

Just a thought, kinda grasping at a straw here.

Jon B.

Newaygo Mi

. That would be my guess. It looks like something made up as a jacket patch and after this guy got out, was put in the jumper While it MAY have been worn, I really doubt it.