complete F2 set

usaaf93

Hello

I wanted to share with you my latest acquisition. I got it from a member of this forum. Thanks to him again. I know own a complete and rare F2 set.

Here are the pictures. They are better than 100 words ....

img_3410.jpg

img_3411.jpg

img_3412.jpg

img_3413.jpg

img_3414.jpg

img_3415.jpg

img_3416.jpg

img_3417.jpg

img_3418.jpg

img_3419.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hello

Does anyone know how to put the strings on the B8 with the heated lens? It seems like mine are put the other way around.

Do you also know how to install the heater on the A14 oxygen mask ?

Thanks for your help

Julien

Hi Julien,

Just carefully unsnap the press studs at the ends of the wires (use a knife or small flat screwdriver blade), then re-orient the wire along the top edge of the lens. Be sure to follow the original instructions and cut the side vents as shown also.

As for the A-14, it's been my experience that you will need a small or medium size mask for a comfortable fit. Also, it's important to use a mask who's rubber suspension straps are in good shape and will not break when removed. After you remove the suspension strap assembly, button the heater over the mask, then re-install the straps over it. The draw-strings at the bottom tighten around the exhalation vents and get tied off. You will also see a small fabric tab on each side of the heater in this area that was intended to be rubber cemented over the bottom edge of the vents, which you can do if you are making a permanent installation. The two lower snaps for the hose should orient themselves and be self-explanatory. The electric outlet on the face of the heater is for the goggle plug, not the mask plug, which attaches to the outlet on the chest of the suit.

Some photos (not mine) from an old ebay auction may help you visualize the installation. Note the heater plug is incorrectly attached to the heater outlet there. Hope this helps.

Best regards, Paul

post-9787-0-95411300-1413829010.jpg

post-9787-0-07889400-1413829026.jpg

post-9787-0-70049000-1413829050.jpg

post-9787-0-57067900-1413829064.jpg

Thanks for your nice post Paul. It helps me a lot.

For the goggles I don't know what to do with the strings with the arrow.

For the mask how did you manage to remove the suspension strap assembly ?

Thanks again for your kind help

Julien

post-106404-0-84219400-1413831020.jpg

Julien,

The wire (with arrow) just lays inside the upper channel of the goggle frame (along the top edge of the lens), and above the top snap, so it does not hang down and interfere with the field of vision.

The four black plastic "buttons" hold the rubber strap suspension in place. There are holes in the straps that correspond to the button locations and the rubber of the straps can be carefully stretched to remove and re-install them. As I mentioned, be sure your rubber straps are pliable enough, as they will split or break easily under the stress if they are not. A "new old stock" mask would be the safest thing to use.

post-9787-0-71964500-1413832532.jpg