Eldred WW2 Museum

hirsca

Anyone ever visited it? The War Department and I are planning on stopping there if you think it's worth it. Any comments are much appreciated. Thanks, Al.

Are you talking about Eldred, Pennsylvania? If yes it is an excellent museum. Not far from my home and there is another museum here in Sullivan County. The Endless Mountains War Memorial Museum. You'll probably pass one to get to the other.

Are you talking about Eldred, Pennsylvania? If yes it is an excellent museum. Not far from my home and there is another museum here in Sullivan County. The Endless Mountains War Memorial Museum. You'll probably pass one to get to the other.

Thanks Sully. Yes that's the one. Appreciate the heads up on the other one. We will definitely check it out also.

We are going to end up near Stowe, Vermont. Are you familiar with that area enough to give any other recommendations?

Thanks again, Al.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sully. Yes that's the one. Appreciate the heads up on the other one. We will definitely check it out also.

We are going to end up near Stowe, Vermont. Are you familiar with that area enough to give any other recommendations?

Thanks again, Al.

I highly recommend the Eldred, PA museum. It is much larger than it looks from the front and has some incredible displays. Been in VT near Stowe (Smuggler's Notch) since last Saturday and I also highly recommend a visit in the fall to see the colors. Definitely a bucket list item. We will try to get by the museum in Sullivan county on our way back to Dallas. Thanks, Al.

I'm not sure when you are heading south again, but if you do this weekend Sullivan County PA is having their Fall Festival. The museum in Sonestown, PA is having a large event with reenactors and outside displays. Also if you are into the flea market/ yardsale scene most of the county will be have sales, myself included.