Lets See Your Impressions!

FRISCAN

FriscoHare

At the 30th Philippine Scouts Reunion last May with Lt. Justo Dumlao-HQ & HQ Battery, 2nd Bn., 24th Field Artillery Regt. (PS). He celebrated his 100th Birthday in April.

My impression: 14th Engineers, Philippine Scouts. It's what my grand-uncle would have worn pre-WWII, complete with the earless Carabao Philippine Division patch.

post-4247-0-28713900-1402028017.jpg

Full view (Photo courtesy of Rudy Cabigas):

post-4247-0-14607300-1402029272.jpg

CHASEUSA11B

That's awesome friscohare. It's nice to see impressions of overlooked units especially with a family connection.

I posted this and a few other pictures not taken at events over in the WWI subsection, but I figure people would enjoy them here as well. This is my WWI officer impression; everything is original, which is really tough to do because, as you can see from the first picture, I am not a small guy, which most WWI soldiers would be today. For comparison, my friend in the WWII uniform is around 5'6'', I'm 6'0''

7oKYacq.jpg

This next picture was taken at the Loews Jersey, a movie theater in Jersey City built in the mid 1920's. I didn't have time to change before making their showing of Fritz Lang's Metropolis, so I made the best out of it.

i8kWbjb.jpg

Sorry Paul, I couldn't resist :rolleyes: It was actually a great learning tool for all who attended the museum and I for one applaud your efforts to educate those who came out - I know my sons enjoyed it as well !

post-329-0-39684100-1402509672.jpg

Here is our living history group portraying 16th infantry Normandy. Paul

Cool, you guys managed to figure out how to dress up like a halftrack? I've never seen anyone do that before! :P

• 3 months later...

and the last slice of FARB pie is a Captain from the 129th Cavalry Sqn in late 1944

the 129th Cavalry Sqn was formerly The Rifle Sqn,29th Cavalry regiment

the bulk of the 129th Sqn would go to Burma as replacements for the 475th infantry

post-2473-0-62817900-1411535178.jpg

Photos of me taken By the excellent Dutch photographer Rick Van Nooj on the recent 2nd Armored in Europe event in northern France for the 70th anniversary of WWII. Representing a platoon leader in the 82nd Recon Battalion of the 2nd Armored. The photo was taken in Bray Sur Somme and the street behind me is the actual road that D company 82nd Rcn used to bypass a blown bridge and gain the first bridgehead across the Somme River. Today the road is Rue du September 1944. The 2nd Armored in Europe event was a 10 day immersive event which included combat action with German re-enactors as well as patrolling and outposting. attachment=848903:10670044_896975153663286_5923030578692361622_n.jpg

Tom Bowers

post-2138-0-56180800-1411759772.jpg

post-2138-0-99572300-1411760061.jpg

Tom, you're killing me with those photos. I was going to take part as a war correspondent but had to back out when my Nephew decided to get married this summer, killing the time off from work that I'd dedicated to that trip. I thought about you guys every day you were doing that, while it was eating at me to know I couldn't be there.

Tom, you're killing me with those photos. I was going to take part as a war correspondent but had to back out when my Nephew decided to get married this summer, killing the time off from work that I'd dedicated to that trip. I thought about you guys every day you were doing that, while it was eating at me to know I couldn't be there.

Lee, here's a little video edited and shot by one of the Czech participants, Charlie Milewski. It does give you some idea of what the trip was like. We ended up with about 160 participants including 42 Americans and 1 Canadian. This was a truly International effort with Men from 9 countries coming together. We had 4 actual Veterans of the WWII 2nd Armored present as well. Really a remarkable experience. Also, Photographer and correspondent extraordinaire Rick Van Nooj makes an appearance this time in front of the camera.

Tom Bowers

strayduck230

From an event over the summer. Me taking a break in my jeep at our groups annual living history encampment at Ft. Stevens Oregon. WW2 USMC display.

post-41805-0-74523900-1412130460.jpg

• 2 weeks later...