Lets See Your Impressions!

FRISCAN

I have to disagree with you on the gas mask bag. About 80% of the pictures I've seen have had someone with a gas mask bag in them. Its not as awkward as you may think with it on your leg especialy if you've ditched the mask mask and kept the bag as a water proof storage place.

Not the best place for a gas mask when mounted

redjoshman

82ndDday_1_zpsc4a8265e.jpg

Rock, do you have evidence of the 82nd, and the 505th in particular, using that style of rigger modification to their Jump Uniforms(specifically the adding of pockets to the arms)?

-Josh

27thdivcollector

It's taken me awhile to get around to posting this, but here is my impression of a member of the 9th Air Force Groundcrew.

post-14242-0-82467000-1367613246.jpg

27thdivcollector

Here is another of me as groundcrew, the more I learn about these fellows the more I am in awe of what they achieved, true unsung heroes!

post-14242-0-90739900-1367613674.jpg

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Rock, do you have evidence of the 82nd, and the 505th in particular, using that style of rigger modification to their Jump Uniforms(specifically the adding of pockets to the arms)?

-Josh

Good Observation Josh!

Nope, this was a 101st Airborne Modification. However, I used to reenact 101st Airborne and I am not going to replace my jump suit for another for the sake of 100% accuracy. I haven't seen much evidence of Hawley Airborne Liners being used, much less in Normandy, however you use what you have. I've tried to remove these ATF pockets before and you will ruin the suit or leave a giant dark patch where the suit was already faded.

You got me on a technicality.

Rock.

redjoshman

Good Observation Josh!

Nope, this was a 101st Airborne Modification. However, I used to reenact 101st Airborne and I am not going to replace my jump suit for another for the sake of 100% accuracy. I haven't seen much evidence of Hawley Airborne Liners being used, much less in Normandy, however you use what you have. I've tried to remove these ATF pockets before and you will ruin the suit or leave a giant dark patch where the suit was already faded.

Rock.

Rock,

Just double checking. I've collected about 130 photographs of the 505th just prior to and during D-Day and haven't spotted photograph yet showing that sort of modification.

On Hawley liner's not a big problem. Not the most common liner in the 505th but they pop up occasionally. I've seen more of them with the 502nd for some reason.

Anyway some good 505th pics with Hawley's (these are courtesy of Michel De Trez):

505th32_0001.jpg

505th34_0001.jpg

505th73_NEW.jpg

-Josh

Good Observation Josh!

Rock.

C'mon brother - gotta do right by the 505th! Especially a fellow veteran of Task Force 2-505! Isn't the hobby about "100% Accuracy?"

If you need a good, used, M42 jumpsuit, I may have one for you - shoot me a note

H-MINUS

Chris

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Chris,

I know, I know....the 101st Guys call the 82nd the "B" Team but we know who was really second fiddle!

I'll get a proper standard reinforced suit as soon as I can afford one. I have two sets of 42's, one with the 101st pockets (reinforced) and unreinforced and unmolested- as would be accurate for 1944. I've had these suits for almost 10 years and the insignificance of the pockets on the sleeves doesn't bother me that much.

Good Catch by the guys though. Nobody at the battle even noticed the sleeves.

Rock

• 1 month later...

Looks great to me! I'm just happy to see a uniform without jump wings on it!

Amen to that!!!! It costs more to put together a good med kit than to buy a set of Corcorans ;-}

Hello

Photo from last Sunday when we make small display. From left to right MACV SOG, MACV SOG FNG, USMC OFFICER. Hope You will like it.

Vietnam_zps03dc6bcf.jpg

Hello

Photo from last Sunday when we make small display. From left to right MACV SOG, MACV SOG FNG, USMC OFFICER. Hope You will like it.

Looking good, guys! See you around in Poland :)