Lets See Your Impressions!

FRISCAN

Oh? Is that the 2 minutes you moved it 10 feet going down hill, as I moved up with my m1?

Bahahah..

Here goes Jonesy again :rolleyes: did you tell them about the time you won the worst soldier in the company award? thumbsup.gif

(mods dont worry, we're all friends givin each other lip)

Cobrahistorian

Well holee crap, its Brian!

Missed seeing you guys at the Gap this year. I spent all my time selling in the flea market.

Jon Bernstein

Rob, I wouldn't have won that award had you not nominated me for it. But it still doesn't beat your 'Most absent without official leave' award.

Brian actually pronounces his name 'bwi-an', but yes, that's him in all his glory.

Cobrahistorian

Used to be actively engaged in the New England Living History scene from 98-2001. Grad school and then flight school kinda got in the way. Settled in Maryland almost 2 years ago and I'm finally getting back to the hobby.

You're right, I should have said "howy cwap!"

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
In the 83rd's camp after battle and at the depot that nite. Dennison, Oh '08

Have you revealed that during your entire military career, and reenacting for tha tmatter, you've never been awarded a GCM? Just look at his face, it tells the story! lol

Oh the silly war days.

Dent

Rob,

You can always go with "BDUs and tennis shoes"! :lol:

Don't laugh, I used black Converse High Tops on ops.

I also had a few pair of Spanish Army Comando shoes stashed away.

T-Bone

It is a theater made patch hence the weird color. Oh and I resent being called a Screaming Chicken....lmao. We do have terms like that for the Rock of the Marne Soldiers as well. But I won't go there since I was once too a Dog Face Soldier a long time ago, though I could tell you some things they did over here I don't approve of over beers one day!

laughing1.giflaughing1.giflaughing1.gif

Heady

More tales of latenight goat seduction and nefarious Camel molestations I bet.

T-Bone

Looks like we have one already, see the Desert Storm impression earlier in the thread.

There are also some guys down here doing Cold War. I have both East German and US kit for 1986-1990 stashed away.

T-Bone

gliderflyboy
There are also some guys down here doing Cold War. I have both East German and US kit for 1986-1990 stashed away.

T-Bone

That stuff is great for alternate history. Like the invasion of East Germany and the Soviet Union by the US or vice-versa. Now there is a battle I would enjoy being a part of!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gang,

Now that the weather is cooperating, I was able to get outside and get a couple of shots of my infantry impressions. Granted, a lot of this gear is repop, but I'm planning on reenacting and dont feel comfy using the real deal uniform wise. The uniform consists of:

ATF M1937 wool shirt, Tie and trousers

ATF M1941 Jacket

ATF Service Shoe, Reverse Uppers (Roughouts)

ATF Helmet, M1

ATF Suspenders, M1936

Leggings, M1938 (Original)

Belt, M1936 (original)

Pouch, Ammunition, .30 Cal Carbine (Original x4, three on belt one on rifle)

First Aid pouch, M1924

Canteen Carrier M1910 w. Canteen

Bayonet, M4 w. M8 Scabbard (Cammillus)

Knife, M3, w. M6 Scabbard (Repro)

Grenade, MkII (Dummy) (x2)

Let me know what you think...

Wayne

post-3743-1237791808.jpg

And my second Impression... This time armed with an M1 Garand...

The Uniform consists of:

ATF M1937 wool shirt, Tie and trousers

ATF M1941 Jacket

ATF Service Shoe, Reverse Uppers (Roughouts)

ATF Helmet, M1

ATF M1923 Cartridge Belt

Haversasck, M1928, (Original)

First Aid pouch, M1924

Canteen Carrier M1910 w. Canteen

Bayonet, 10", M1905E1 (OL, Pal-mod)

I'm working on finishing up my 82nd AB Impression... I should have the last few items shortly...

Let me know what you think!

Wayne

post-3743-1237792165.jpg

Corpl. Cleaver

Wayne,

It's a good start, looks like you just got issued your stuff. But that will change with time and use.

I would say drop the carbine bayonet, they wern't issued until realy late war, and since you have leggings and a M-41 jacket, I would say you are doing earlyer war. Boots look like they need to be water proofed, they should darken up to a nice dark brown.

It's a great start, keep it up.

Tyler

Wayne,

It's a good start, looks like you just got issued your stuff. But that will change with time and use.

I would say drop the carbine bayonet, they wern't issued until realy late war, and since you have leggings and a M-41 jacket, I would say you are doing earlyer war. Boots look like they need to be water proofed, they should darken up to a nice dark brown.

It's a great start, keep it up.

Tyler

Thanks for the info on the Bayo... The boots have two coats of Kiwi Wet Proof on them, and haven't been worn much yet. I know with use everything will take on a better look... I've finally found a group in indiana to work with... G Co, 505th PIR 82nd ABN DIV(Pathfinders)... I should be getting my boots back from ATF any day now... I had to send them in for Eyelet repairs, and I'll post the pics of that Impression when I get them.

I've been working on putting together some K Rations... I have the Repro boxes, and I'm getting the stuff together little by little. The hard part is getting the accessory packet stuff together, the Cereal bars (chewey granola), the biscuits (club crackers), Sugar block (Domino sugar cubes wrapped two rows of five), fruit bars (Nutri-grain fruit bars)... With the proper period references on the packaging, it'll look close... Not to mention I make my own D Rations...

Wayne

YankeeDiv26

Okay I'll play. I apologize in advance for the crappy pictures, the camera never seems to catch me at events. Beware, NOT 56K FRIENDLY!

US Army Rifleman (no unit yet) Vietnam 1968

DSC03945.jpg

DSC03959.jpg

US Army Rifleman (again, no unit yet) Vietnam 1966

DSC03940.jpg

DSC03943.jpg

YankeeDiv26

Fox 2/5 Marines, M60 Gunner 1968 *me being a skrewball in the parking lot before an event*

m60s.jpg

384565744_KDnTF-L.jpg

Same thing, but with the M79 this time

384532143_pdwjG-L.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

Part of our unit at an event.

384528456_gTQ5a-L.jpg

Same photo, but looks better in Greyscale IMO

foxlibc.jpg

us in our bunker AFTER said event (which is why Mr. Charles is casually strolling behind us)

Bunkerposers.jpg

YankeeDiv26

104th IR, 26ID B.A.R. Man.

DSC02564.jpg

My first kit, a haphazard 82nd AB Pathfinder kit.

DSC01090.jpg

That's most of the my kits anyway.

-Tim

Thanks for the info on the Bayo... The boots have two coats of Kiwi Wet Proof on them, and haven't been worn much yet. I know with use everything will take on a better look... I've finally found a group in indiana to work with... G Co, 505th PIR 82nd ABN DIV(Pathfinders)... I should be getting my boots back from ATF any day now... I had to send them in for Eyelet repairs, and I'll post the pics of that Impression when I get them.

I've been working on putting together some K Rations... I have the Repro boxes, and I'm getting the stuff together little by little. The hard part is getting the accessory packet stuff together, the Cereal bars (chewey granola), the biscuits (club crackers), Sugar block (Domino sugar cubes wrapped two rows of five), fruit bars (Nutri-grain fruit bars)... With the proper period references on the packaging, it'll look close... Not to mention I make my own D Rations...

Wayne

An addendum to this post from earlier... I had to lighten the pictures a little due to the shade from the overhang... so what you are seeing is a bit washed out. The boots do have a couple of coats of dubbing on them, and are a nice reddish brown. I know this will darken with use, and I hope to put some good use on them this summer along with my uniforms.

Wayne

YankeeDiv26

Paul, whats wrong? You can't pick apart my Vietnam kits (seriously man, I LIKE criticism/input!)

Okay dumb question, but the ODA Team kit, is that real or reenacting/Living history?

-Tim

One more Impression... 82nd Airborne, June 6th, 1944, Ste Mere Eglise, France. Thinking back, I should have gotten a picture of the back of this too to show the Musette bag and attached M1943 entrenching tool. Looking forward to breaking this one in as it will be my main impression I think.

Let me know whay you think...

Wayne

post-3743-1238471490.jpg